Cyrus Jones Arrested (charges laster dropped)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Cyrus Jones Arrested

Well... I saw it on other board and they were saying she went to his house and got the item and left... and at first he let her... and then he changed his mind and went to her and got his stuf back.. and that's where the argument began. I wouldnt be suprised if her friend was the one who called police....

With such a minor charge I'll wait to hear what really happened before I pass judgment on this. They arrest people today for breathing too hard on dandelions. Back when I was in school you actually had to hurt someone or steal stuff to get arrested.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I see it was a break up sitaution ... and she and him... Sometime... I just wish the word " DV" wouldnt apply to situation like this.... why not just say damage of a property, harassment... but not DV...
Because the law is worded to classify a case where two individuals have a prior relationship (ala girlfriend-boyfriend) as a domestic violence case.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Oh for the love of God...

Am thinking I might try that ol' head-in-the-sand thing and see how that works...

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Whether the situations with these players are major or minor really is a non starter. It is a circumstance where the outside perception becomes our reality as fans and supporters of the University.

All of those associated with program need to have clear understanding that with their position on staff or as player comes with a higher sense of responsibility, fair or not. Their words and actions will get magnified or scrutinized to nth degree. Few will look at this with Cyrus and say "it was a boyfriend/girlfriend break up thing and his emotions got the best of him". They will see "domestic violence" and the perception cascades, especially in the wake of Tyren Jones, Taylor, and others.

I'm sure Coach Saban and staff make this clear to those associated with the program. However when we begin to see a string of these situations, it is apparent that some aren't getting the message.

bamafan_bdb

1st Team
Jan 14, 2004

There is a template for these threads:

1) Story reported with link and mugshot.
2) Some name calling or the like (how stupid, what an idiot, etc.).
3) A call or two for dismissal, along with a "next man up" or "Marlon Humphrey, come on down" kind of resolve.
4) A back-and-forth on "wait until the facts" come out.
5) Several posts on what these kind of charges can entail ("my dad is a cop and he says..." or "my buddy got charged with this for just doing this").
6) A new link with details.
7) A final few posts on what this means for the player, our team, our image, etc.

Saved you all some time.:)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Tuscaloosa News reporter Aaron Suttles just now on JOX's Opening Drive:

I have received word from a couple of people that Cyrus Jones called the police.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

3) A call or two for dismissal, along with a "next man up" or "Marlon Humphrey, come on down" kind of resolve.
5) Several posts on what these kind of charges can entail ("my dad is a cop and he says..." or "my buddy got charged with this for just doing this").
7) A final few posts on what this means for the player, our team, our image, etc.

#8: Trust CNS

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Cyrus Jones Arrested

Seems kind of petty when talking in the realms of DV. I'm not condoning threatening somebody but there is a big difference between saying something and doing something. Especially if he doesn't have a prior record, which I don't think he does..

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

The charge alone doesn't... It is the pattern.... He neede to start throwing them off the team and making a public spectacle of them.
Here I was thinking that's what happened? The only time I ever had a run in with the police was on a trumped up harassment charge (I was assaulted, he filed a harassment charge). If all that got hurt is a cell phone, I'm not going to get worked up about it.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

Has anybody else noticed the Tuscaloosa Sherriff Department logo at the top of the above post?

Three folks with the tough guy pose complete with arms crossed, with three others more appropriately dressed for combat in Iraq. They even have a military assault vehicle on display.

Could that be an indication that the department is too quick to bring charges when some common sense and restraint might have been more appropriate?

If I was the arresting officer, I would have said "Cyrus, you lost your temper and broke her phone. I can charge you with DV, and I will, unless you tell her you are sorry right now and replace her phone within the next few days. If you don't, I will file charges."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Thousand Likes!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Has anybody else noticed the Tuscaloosa Sherriff Department logo at the top of the above post?

Three folks with the tough guy pose complete with arms crossed, with three others more appropriately dressed for combat in Iraq. They even have a military assault vehicle on display.

Could that be an indication that the department is too quick to bring charges when some common sense and restraint might have been more appropriate?

If I was the arresting officer, I would have said "Cyrus, you lost your temper and broke her phone. I can charge you with DV, and I will, unless you tell her you are sorry right now and replace her phone within the next few days. If you don't, I will file charges."
that logo made me cringe when i saw it. several of the metro atl police/sheriff depts are very similar. my favorites are the douglas county crew (i-20 west of atlanta) that wear what appears to be full combat gear for running radar on the interstate.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

I did and don't like it, but that's probably for another forum.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.