Cyrus Jones Arrested (charges laster dropped)

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: Cyrus Jones Arrested

The charge alone doesn't... It is the pattern.... He neede to start throwing them off the team and making a public spectacle of them. Right now they think they can do whatever they want get away with it... Especially if they are a starter. I'd rather go 7-5 and win the Independence Bowl than challenge for a Title with a team full of players with rap sheets. Cyrus is supposed to be a leader.
Depending on the crime and the individual players history I might agree. You can not treat everyone the same. Next player gets in a fight over the summer while defending his girl friend at the beach. Kick him off the team. You know the headline will only say Alabama player charged with battery with no back story. I am 100% agreed on kicking a player off the team for hitting a woman although.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

wow, they even include fascist imagery
I agree that the militarization of police is over the top in a lot of cases, and a town like Doraville owning an APC is unreal, but to be fair the music/imagery in the linked video was added by a youtube user. Quote from the article:

"The audio and effects were added by a YouTube user who goes by Patriotsix6"

As for Cyrus Jones, I can't believe they actually arrested him. This was nothing more than a lover's spat from what I see. Geez, you can't even yell at anyone without getting arrested these days. TPD is on a power trip here.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

why not just say damage of a property, harassment... but not DV... but anyway..... NExt.
Well when you threaten your significant other IN FRONT OF SOMEONE, you are going to get slapped with a DV charge PERIOD. He should have known better and hopefully will be punished (which I'm sure he will)

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

You were able to decipher CNS's comments to mean that? What kind of super-human powers do you have?
Actually he'll be able to get the DV charge wiped off his record if he spends about $600-650 and goes to 18 anger management classes I think it is which are once a week. I've been there for something just as petty and had to pay that and the $120 to get bonded out by a bondsman. Granted all that won't get him out of trouble with Coach though.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa

And to some extent it is no win for the cops. Third party calls. They are yelling. He is a big muscular guy. He threatened her. If it seems calm and you just ignore it, then two hours later there's another call and she's got a broken jaw and a dislocated elbow....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

I agree that the militarization of police is over the top in a lot of cases, and a town like Doraville owning an APC is unreal, but to be fair the music/imagery in the linked video was added by a youtube user. Quote from the article:

"The audio and effects were added by a YouTube user who goes by Patriotsix6"

As for Cyrus Jones, I can't believe they actually arrested him. This was nothing more than a lover's spat from what I see. Geez, you can't even yell at anyone without getting arrested these days. TPD is on a power trip here.
thx, did not see that part

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

And to some extent it is no win for the cops. Third party calls. They are yelling. He is a big muscular guy. He threatened her. If it seems calm and you just ignore it, then two hours later there's another call and she's got a broken jaw and a dislocated elbow....
I take it you're just talking in general terms since you mention the two hours later scenario.

Just want to clarify for those that haven't read the entire thread or whatever, but the talk is Cyrus called the police. That belief along with CNS's remarks make me believe this case is really nothing.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006

It does outside of the possible verbal threat to hit her. I find that troubling, but maybe I'm just old. Hard to judge without knowing what was said.
All things considered, this seems relatively minor.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

I've actually seen a Domestic Violence charge - which was later dismissed or dropped or whatever - between two next-door neighbors who got into a heated argument outside so another neighbor called the cops. They were both straight males who never lived together, so I'm pretty sure there was no prior "relationship"; they were just neighbors.
Mis-application of a law. No wonder it was dropped.
Classic case of a patrolman exceeding his understanding of a law.
Every Policeman looks bad when some wise guy goes off the rail and makes charges not backed by law or supported by evidence. I'm glad he didn't work for me. He would be glad he didn't work for me either. Hope he received a 'Alpha Charlie' for his stupidity.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Charges against Cyrus dropped!!

"Tuscaloosa police have dropped charges against Alabama DB Cyrus Jones, saying he tried "to deescalate the situation by contacting" police"

Mods, please, of course, feel free to amend thread title to reflect charges dropped...

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

I wonder if ESPN will run that the charges were dropped against Cyrus at the bottom of the screen now. They seem to not have a problem telling everything when he was arrested.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Well that's finally some good news. It's always nice when doing the right thing ends up helping you and not hurting you. I hope this is the end of our players' interactions with law enforcement this off season.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Charges against Cyrus dropped!!

"Tuscaloosa police have dropped charges against Alabama DB Cyrus Jones, saying he tried "to deescalate the situation by contacting" police"

Mods, please, of course, feel free to amend thread title to reflect charges dropped...
so, i guess we aren't turning into thug u after all

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I'm completely and utterly shocked this woman beater was the one that called the police.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

ESPN has it as one of their headlines on the front page of the College Football section.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.