Cyrus Jones Arrested (charges laster dropped)

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Re: Cyrus Jones Arrested

It seems to me the police force, especially in a college town, would be coached on showing some restraint rather than being so quick to bring charges that get dismissed a week or two later.

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006

It seems to me the police force, especially in a college town, would be coached on showing some restraint rather than being so quick to bring charges that get dismissed a week or two later.
It was a domestic violence call. As someone has mentioned before, if a LEO is called on a DV call, someone is getting arrested, no questions. Now how the person who called in this case being the one arrested has just got me baffled.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

It was a domestic violence call. As someone has mentioned before, if a LEO is called on a DV call, someone is getting arrested, no questions. Now how the person who called in this case being the one arrested has just got me baffled.
I've read some say CNS had TPD come talk to the team and explain how they should handle situations like this. Cyrus did as the players were told and called the police.

I can see him being the one arrested if the witness was friends with the girl and said friend tells the responding officers an exaggerated truth in order to protect the girl.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

If Cyrus gets to run some stadium steps over this, it wouldn't bother me if the policeman who brought charges that were thrown out so soon runs a few with him.

Of course, I realize that's not going to happen. :smile:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

I'm completely and utterly shocked this woman beater was the one that called the police.
Happy to hear Cyrus' situation appears to have ended on a happier note.

But believe it or not, this is exactly what Greg Hardy was convicted of doing. Throwing a woman around his apartment and then calling police to say she was assaulting him. In court he said a cut over his eye was caused by her. Then the prosecution put up a photograph showing Hardy had the same mark weeks before. Lord help the Cowboys.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

(BLUE FONT) Thank goodness we have the REC for moments like this. Making sure he stays on the field (BLUE FONT)

Seriously though any one with half a brain who lead the report knew the charges would get dropped.

Also if anyone can tell me how make my font blue on Tapatalk I'd appreciate it. I hate the new update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Alabama's Cyrus Jones 'shouldn't have been arrested,' high school coach says

Using a phone inside the Tuscaloosa County Jail, Cyrus Jones Jr. called his father in the early morning hours of April 29.

Jones Jr. had been arrested on two domestic violence charges after police determined the Alabama cornerback damaged a woman's cell phone and threatened to assault her.

Cyrus Jones Sr. told AL.com that his son said to him early in their conversation, "Dad, here I am thinking I'm diffusing the situation and trying to be the good guy with everything, and I actually called the police so that they could come and resolve it in a peaceful way, and they basically punished me for doing that."

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

It's about time the real story was printed. Hang in there, Cyrus we all respect you as a man and a good student. RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.