Link: *** OG Deonte Brown Commits to Alabama ***

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I looked & didn't see the commitment of Deonte Brown to Bama on the board, this is figuratively & literally a huge instate pickup for Bama, it's always great to land Blue Chip "Big Uglies" cause you can never have too many talented O-Lineman..Especially instate O-Linemen, cause you always wanna get the best of the best, the Stae has to offer & keep them away from Lee County especially or any other SEC team we may play against..Watch the video in the article I linked & watch Deonte swat away the D Player like he's nothing more than a gnat..LOL

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: Four-star OG Deonte Brown Commits To Alabama

I`m no O line expert (would like to see a comment from someone who is ), but for a kid his size he looks to me like he`s light on his feet and moves well.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

Not a very highly ranked player but I can see in the film that his footwork is really good for a big man. Guards and Centers are notoriously difficult to rate. Most are listed as either 3 or 4 stars and there seems to be little correlation as to which ones turn out to be big time players. I think it's a mixture of footwork, balance, and raw power that makes them great and it's just hard to measure that.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999

This guy might be a candidate for the "lunch bunch!" Glad the good guys got him.

stlimprov

1st Team
Nov 9, 2005
Saint Louis, MO

I remember a time when we wouldn't have considered the #7 recruit at his position "not very highly ranked." :)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I remember a time when we wouldn't have considered the #7 recruit at his position "not very highly ranked." :)
Agreed. He is a 4* on 247 and I have seen his film before he committed and thought he was a beast with great feet. Great pick-up of an in-state player. Welcome Deonte and RTR!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Not a very highly ranked player but I can see in the film that his footwork is really good for a big man. Guards and Centers are notoriously difficult to rate. Most are listed as either 3 or 4 stars and there seems to be little correlation as to which ones turn out to be big time players. I think it's a mixture of footwork, balance, and raw power that makes them great and it's just hard to measure that.
He is rated a Top 10 OG in the nation, a Top 10 player in the state of Alabama, and a Top 200 player at any position in the nation per 247 sports. what more do you want?
per sources close to the coaching staff, they are very high on him and believe his ceiling is of the charts.
and YES his footwork is very impressive for a huge OL, watch how he knocks guys comparable to him in size off their butts when contact is made.
great pick up. RTR!!

Last edited:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree 100% with ya Bro..I'll take as many 4* OG we can land & the 195 rated best player in the country by 247 Sports any day of the week..Like most O-Linemen, I'm sure he'll RS, and then work himself in & up, the depth chart once the RS comes off..His video is impressive..I love how he plays with a mean streak, and looks for D Players to block, after he swats away or plants the initial D Player he comes in contact with on his backside..You can never have to many good O-Linemen & especially instate players..
He is rated a Top 10 OG in the nation, a Top 10 player in the state of Alabama, and a Top 200 player at any position in the nation per 247 sports. what more do you want?
per sources close to the coaching staff, they are very high on him and believe his ceiling is of the charts.
and YES his footwork is very impressive for a huge OL, watch how he knocks guys comparable to him in size off their butts when contact is made.
great pick up. RTR!!

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Wow we are racking up some recruits in the O-Line!!
Can`t have too many good ones, IMHO. I think it was OJ Simpson who said, " All running backs are the same without a good offensive line. Lousy. " Whatever about OJ, he was right about that.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

we are definitely getting some run blockers in the '15 and '16 classes

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Great addition! The negative on him is his weight and technique. He has crazy athleticism for his size. Technique he can learn and SC will help him get fit. I like adding players that play with toughness and determination

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.