Link: Will Alabama Match Past Success in Tonight's NFL Draft? Check Out the Numbers

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Cooper is a lock. Collins isn't a lock, but a probable 1st rounder.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
This year will probably be very different from years past. Since Saban took the reigns there has been a lot of elite talent coming out, but not a lot of value mid round players. It seems like every year there are 3-4 guys drafted in the 1st round, and then very few between rounds 2-5. I think this year that is reversed. Coop will easily be taken in the top 10, Collins will most likely be a late 1st, but could fall to early 2nd. Then we have a bunch of players like AK, Fowler, Yeldon and others who could fall anywhere between 2 and 6 per projections. We'll still put a similar number in the draft as we are used to, but it will be more under the radar this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This year will probably be very different from years past. Since Saban took the reigns there has been a lot of elite talent coming out, but not a lot of value mid round players. It seems like every year there are 3-4 guys drafted in the 1st round, and then very few between rounds 2-5. I think this year that is reversed. Coop will easily be taken in the top 10, Collins will most likely be a late 1st, but could fall to early 2nd. Then we have a bunch of players like AK, Fowler, Yeldon and others who could fall anywhere between 2 and 6 per projections. We'll still put a similar number in the draft as we are used to, but it will be more under the radar this year.
We're really starting to see the overall effect of the recruiting success. The players are going to be throughout the draft whether than top and bottom heavy with nothing in the middle.

In re Yeldon:

Charles Davis: T.J. Yeldon could be first-round pick

"Three backs in the first round, and I'm looking at T.J. Yeldon -- I just keep hearing that name," Davis said. "I've got more people bouncing me about him as the third running back, and I've heard someone might trade back in (to the first round) to get him."

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
FUnny thing about Fowler- Phil Savage thinks he would go in 3rd... but lot of people are going to look at him late ... It's almost as if they forget he's a RB/FB....

Yeldon Could slip into 1st round.. but most likely 2nd.... Should be picked within top 50...
AC- Top 5 picks...
AK- late... 5-7 due to his knee.
CJ- Not getting drafted Free agent.
DW- 5-7, possible Free Agent
Most like others will be after 5th round... Not a bad thing.

Next year: Henry, Drake, The D-L (Reed and Robinson) Ragland... Just wow... all of them could be gone within Top 50 picks...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Cooper is a lock. Collins isn't a lock, but a probable 1st rounder.
I see "experts" keep saying that and some have him deep into the 2nd round. That's nuts. 4 Teams have a #1 need at safety RIGHT now. LC is the best in the draft to start in 2015 and that is what these teams are facing. If he falls into the 2nd Round I will be shocked and then I will research to find out A) that he covered up some horrible injury that teams found about or B) that he has a hobby that involves killing kittens. I just see NO WAY teams let 32 picks go by before pulling the best, NFL Ready Safety of the board.

IOW- I'll be Mel Kiper that night everyone was passing on Jimmy Clausen.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
FUnny thing about Fowler- Phil Savage thinks he would go in 3rd... but lot of people are going to look at him late ... It's almost as if they forget he's a RB/FB....

Yeldon Could slip into 1st round.. but most likely 2nd.... Should be picked within top 50...
AC- Top 5 picks...
AK- late... 5-7 due to his knee.
CJ- Not getting drafted Free agent.
DW- 5-7, possible Free Agent
Most like others will be after 5th round... Not a bad thing.

Next year: Henry, Drake, The D-L (Reed and Robinson) Ragland... Just wow... all of them could be gone within Top 50 picks...

A couple of teams have some really older H-backs/FBs. JF can catch and block which is a HUGE asset. I'd be surprised if he didn't come off the board before the 5th RD.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I see "experts" keep saying that and some have him deep into the 2nd round. That's nuts. 4 Teams have a #1 need at safety RIGHT now. LC is the best in the draft to start in 2015 and that is what these teams are facing. If he falls into the 2nd Round I will be shocked and then I will research to find out A) that he covered up some horrible injury that teams found about or B) that he has a hobby that involves killing kittens. I just see NO WAY teams let 32 picks go by before pulling the best, NFL Ready Safety of the board.

IOW- I'll be Mel Kiper that night everyone was passing on Jimmy Clausen.
I tend to agree, but some of the teams needing safety help would have to trade down to take Collins. For instance, the Bears and Giants both need Collins, but neither will take him that early in the draft.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I just hope Cooper doesn't get stuck on the Raiders or Jaguars.
Me too but it's most likely. I know Coop and White will both be gone in the first 8-9 picks. I wish Minnesota would trade up and get Coop. He would play in the dome and at least have Bridgewater throwing to him. They could deal Peterson if they want. I know Vikings fans want him at #11 but he's not dropping that far.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Me too but it's most likely. I know Coop and White will both be gone in the first 8-9 picks. I wish Minnesota would trade up and get Coop. He would play in the dome and at least have Bridgewater throwing to him. They could deal Peterson if they want. I know Vikings fans want him at #11 be he's not dropping that far.
I'm sure Coop would gladly join his high school QB in Minnesota.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Me too but it's most likely. I know Coop and White will both be gone in the first 8-9 picks. I wish Minnesota would trade up and get Coop. He would play in the dome and at least have Bridgewater throwing to him. They could deal Peterson if they want. I know Vikings fans want him at #11 but he's not dropping that far.
I would love that too. But yeah, he's not falling to 11.

If it were the Raiders of the 60s-80s, it would be awesome. But that franchise just can't find its way anymore.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
The fact that UNC is that high on that list and has done essentially nothing is pretty pathetic. Miami would also fall into that category.

LSU may pass us, the difference is we are getting gutted by the NFL and haven't fallen apart like they have. This year will be very telling for them IMO.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Every mock I have seen has Amari at #4 to the Raiders. They all have LC in the first round, too. As per usual, though, draft night can take some crazy twists and turns. Who all should we be looking for besides Amari, Landon, TJ, Arie, Jalston, Austin Shepherd? I'm having a brain fart today.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Every mock I have seen has Amari at #4 to the Raiders. They all have LC in the first round, too. As per usual, though, draft night can take some crazy twists and turns. Who all should we be looking for besides Amari, Landon, TJ, Arie, Jalston, Austin Shepherd? I'm having a brain fart today.
Amari is the only guarenteed for today, its more or less if Oakland is content with just having crabtree or they think White is a better fit than cooper for them. He ont go much futher if either are the issue that Oakland passes on him. Collins is projected to go to the Steelers at 22, and as a Steeler fan I would say that it is a step in the right direction, but two things dont make it clear cut: 1)late picks are crazier than early picks and 2) The Steelers under Tomlin dont draft many players from the south. Just a few examples are 1. They allowed Hightower go to the Pats. 2.Upshaw and Mosely go to the Ravens and 3. they passed on Lacey for Bell. Other than those three (Coop,Collins, and Yeldon) I say anyone else will be a tsunami equivilent shocker. RTR

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.