Jeff Garrett Transferring From Alabama

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hate seeing people leave, but it gets more of Johnson's people in there quicker, even if they are just juco placeholders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
The only people that are left on the market are Jeff Garrett type players. Kobie Eubanks is out there, but he isn't an immediate impact guy.

bamahippie

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2000
Cullman, AL
The only people that are left on the market are Jeff Garrett type players.
Not true. I agree it's slim pickins, but there are still a few guys that Coach is looking at that would have greater impact than Garrett would have. That includes 5th-year transfers, JUCO, former signees of other schools (he's looking at a guy that was a VCU signee before Shaka left), a couple of unsigned 2015 guys. My point...some of those guys can have a greater immediate impact than Garrett would have, that's all.

And, again, I think he's really pounding that pavement for 2016 guys and beyond, too...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Something to consider with CAJ's roster management/recruiting for 2015. Retin is the only sure open scholarship after this season. With the in-state talent in 2016 and 2017, Bama might not be in horrible shape if CAJ decides to not fill every scholarship spot just yet.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Something to consider with CAJ's roster management/recruiting for 2015. Retin is the only sure open scholarship after this season. With the in-state talent in 2016 and 2017, Bama might not be in horrible shape if CAJ decides to not fill every scholarship spot just yet.
One of the good things about getting the kid from Cullman to walk-on is that if there is an open scholly then you can give him a free ride for one year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We may only go 6 or 7 deep next year if this is the case but I would rather do that than give out a scholly just to have bodies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
^ How can you practice effectively without at least ten players? Wouldn't better players/athletes lead to more competitive practice scrimmages?

I'm puzzled. At best. :)
Walk-on players and Nick King are what make practice effective when you have a small roster.

wsims74

3rd Team
Apr 30, 2013
I bet there are still a few surprise senior transfers out there. I like garrett, but the reality is he was just a roster filler, even on CAG roster

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
If nothing else you take a Willie Kouassi (sp?) to fill a scholly for 1 year. He is a big body who can give you 5 fouls if Taylor gets in foul trouble plus he would be another very good practice player going up against Taylor every day.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
I've been there and done that.
Me also! Sometimes, it happens! I really think that we will fill this out by the time practice starts. Player development is what should be happening this summer.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.