Amari Goes 4th!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I'll be honest, I was praying, or at least, hoping, that Jacksonville or a Florida team would pick him. Amari made it public that he wanted to stay close to home.
Oakland? That's a long way from Florida.
I used to love the Raiders when Snake was the QB, but they have been irrelevant for so long now.
I just hope Amari has a good chance to do good. With his work ethic and talent, he deserves nothing less.
Congrats on being the fourth pick.
sip

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
Happy for his contract, but personally would have preferred he not gone to the Raiders. That program is pretty disorganized.

fortunately, I don't think he is dealing with the same demons Rolando was.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Oakland has a decent line and a good, young QB. Hopefully they can get their act straight and put together a decent team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I predict that going to Nashville will be the death noll for Mariota.
I give Mettenberger a better chance in Nashville. Mariotta has never struck me as a great all around qb that is made for the pros. I feel it was a pressured pick by desperate owners. IMO

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I'll be honest, I was praying, or at least, hoping, that Jacksonville or a Florida team would pick him. Amari made it public that he wanted to stay close to home.
Oakland? That's a long way from Florida.
I used to love the Raiders when Snake was the QB, but they have been irrelevant for so long now.
I just hope Amari has a good chance to do good. With his work ethic and talent, he deserves nothing less.
Congrats on being the fourth pick.
sip
Agree, 'Sip...

At least he'll be w Trent...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Agree, 'Sip...

At least he'll be w Trent...
Awesome for Amari. He has a good young QB throwing to him in Carr and I have a feeling they will center their offense around Amari. Amari is going to make a lot of NFL corners look silly. I totally forgot Trent was their also.

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
It could have been worse for Coop than Oakland. Wishing him the best. H will be a star in NFL. Coop!!!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Not a bad place...Coop is a great route runner with shiftiness after the catch and Carr is a guy who likes the quick throws.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
Didn't the Raiders sign WR Crabtree recently? Could spell trouble for opposing D's for sure!
I think so.
The Raiders may not win the Super Bowl this year, but Cooper should be in a good position to accomplish a lot there - unlike Rolando when he was drafted.

And, yes, Mariota's career is done. He could have been successful with certain teams. The Titans need a Peyton Manning to help their team. Mariota doesn't need to be the star of the offense - that's not who he is. Right now, he's the only player on the entire Titans team that the casual football fan could even name. He needed to fill in a gap for an otherwise solid offense.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Im a Raider fan, so im loving it.

Also, Al Davis has been a gone a few years now, the current GM has been bringing in high character guys, Cooper should fit in well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.