Landon Collins - to the Giants in the 1st pick of the 2nd Round

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Re: Landon Collins - where do you think he will go?

You are dead on. Of the last 23 picks the colts have had in the first 4 rounds, they've drafted 16 offensive players. Granted, they've won a lot of games that way, but the defense is aging big time. I think there will be a bigger focus on defense the rest of the way. I don't see many more offensive players taken unless it's a lineman. (Or if there's a runningback available who they just can't pass up.)
Im not knocking the Colts, but it seems that offense is their style of football. They are like the Broncos in that they are more concerned with lighting up the scoreboard. Ironically the Broncos took a defensive player first round. Thats all fine and dandy,but it doesnt take much research to know who has won multiple SBs in the last 15 years. The Pats,Steelers,Ravens,and giants account for 10/15 of those superbowls with representing 9/15(Counted the 2 Pats vs NYG and Bal vs NYG as 1 each). Offensive heavy teams dont win championships as often as defensive or overall balanced teams, but they are fun to watch (in the NFL ;not college so much).

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Are we sure he actually exists? Maybe he's like Nessy, or the abominable snowman. Maybe he's all in our minds
Actually, I have seen him, Hoosier.

He played up here the last 2 seasons in the CFL.

Kid can run, 'n' catch.

Luuuuuuuuuuuvs to showboat...

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

Actually, I have seen him, Hoosier.

He played up here the last 2 seasons in the CFL.

Kid can run, 'n' catch.

Luuuuuuuuuuuvs to showboat...
I don't buy it. There's always that one guy who claims to have witnessed it, but has no proof. I'm going to say something I don't normally say about another dude, but pics or it didn't happen. (Blue font) [emoji6]

DESERTELEPHANT

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 1, 2009
Las Vegas

The Colts are not going anywhere until they beef up their D line a lot. Other than two picks at quarterback their evaluation of talent has not been that good over the last twenty years. Unfortunately Landon Collins may go later in the draft that most of us want to see. His coverage skills would have really benefited from another year in college. Don't be surprised if he is still around late in the second round.

beachbum94

Scout Team
Feb 27, 2012
Joplin, MO

Landon to the NY GIANTS with the first pick of the 2nd round!! Giants traded up to get him

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Really wish my Titans would have drafted Landon. No idea why they traded out of the pick just for an extra 4th and 7th round pick. Happy for Landon though..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Collins to NYG makes sense for both. Collins will do well in that defense, and the Giants really needed a SS.

Congrats to Yeldon, also.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.