Landon Collins - to the Giants in the 1st pick of the 2nd Round

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Landon Collins - where do you think he will go?

HOpefully Fowler is next... Seems like lot of teams forget that he can play RB position as well.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Really wish my Titans would have drafted Landon. No idea why they traded out of the pick just for an extra 4th and 7th round pick. Happy for Landon though..
NYG's know they need defense to get back to the super bowl. It was a smart move for three reasons: 1) the giants see him as a player that could possibly fit their needs down the road. 2) the Giants knew that didnt have to spend out the butt to sign him, and 3) they couldnt wait around for some scooter poot team to sign him just because they sign him after fittinf their primary draft NEED and sign him just because he was the best available just because he was the top avaible on the "draft geniuses" (Kiper and McShay mainly) board; or to a team that was going to draft defense but was banking on him to be avialable in the second round.

It was a smart move for both Landon and NYG .IMO The Titans could use it to grant more time to acquire role players that slip to later rounds. They are probably thinking on building role players for future teams to come instead of drafting a player that they werent eyeing or they didnt think would fit their needs. It could be a good move down the line for them. Late picks can define the future more than the First two. (Brady,Seymore, and Clay Matthews come to mind). the first two rounds have far bigger busts and is more of a dog and pony show of overally hyped college players. Half of them make it and half of that half are deep postseason players. Later rounds make great teams so the Titans need to be very picky with those late picks.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Collins to NYG makes sense for both. Collins will do well in that defense, and the Giants really needed a SS.

Congrats to Yeldon, also.
don't you mean "box safety"?

I swear if they said that one more time my head might have exploded.

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN

Really wish my Titans would have drafted Landon. No idea why they traded out of the pick just for an extra 4th and 7th round pick. Happy for Landon though..
The Titans are stupid. First they draft Mariota and then trade the first pick in the second round!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

Why is everyone not liking the Collins to NY ?
For starters, my Bears needed a safety....And second it's NY, you supposed to have some innate hatred for anything NY.

Taking the NY out of the equation, Collins to the Giants is a fine fit but man I would love to have seen Landon in Vic Fangio's defense.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

For starters, my Bears needed a safety....And second it's NY, you supposed to have some innate hatred for anything NY.

Now you know the pain of being a Steelers fan like myself. The Steelers let Hightower slip to the Pats, Upshaw to the Ravens, and the nail in the coffin was Lacy to the Packers. Ive started the stance that I have my college team (bama of course) and my NFL team (Steelers), and if players intertwine then great, and if all Bama players that have a realistic chance of making it in the draft get drafted then also great.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I think Fowler and AK has chance of getting drafted.. Depriest... Not so sure.
Now you know the pain of being a Steelers fan like myself. The Steelers let Hightower slip to the Pats, Upshaw to the Ravens, and the nail in the coffin was Lacy to the Packers. Ive started the stance that I have my college team (bama of course) and my NFL team (Steelers), and if players intertwine then great, and if all Bama players that have a realistic chance of making it in the draft get drafted then also great.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I think Fowler and AK has chance of getting drafted.. Depriest... Not so sure.
I would say Fowler would be 3rd round or later just because there are still some draftees that could have instant success. I just see him as a role player pick like Norwood last year, I could be dead wrong but thats my inital prediction. AK will get drafted it is a matter of what scouts saw in him and the need for an offensive lineman. I think Depriest will get drafted but it will be a late 3rd to later rounds. Im no draft guru, but Im playing recent history. But then again Gurley got drafted 1st round with injury issues as a RB.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Samford has had a player drafted before AU lol.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I would say Fowler would be 3rd round or later just because there are still some draftees that could have instant success. I just see him as a role player pick like Norwood last year, I could be dead wrong but thats my inital prediction. AK will get drafted it is a matter of what scouts saw in him and the need for an offensive lineman. I think Depriest will get drafted but it will be a late 3rd to later rounds. Im no draft guru, but Im playing recent history. But then again Gurley got drafted 1st round with injury issues as a RB.
knees are a real draft problem, WRT Arie, and the family knows it...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Washington has had 4 defenders drafted in the top 44 picks but ranked 80th in total defense last year. That's a hard one to figure out..

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

knees are a real draft problem, WRT Arie, and the family knows it...
Yeah that's why I dont have a clue where he lands. Im actually soewhat suprised that Yeldon landed early 2nd round. IDK if the Jags intend on using him for their offensive philosphy or trying to build him up for a year or two and trade him for a high draft pick.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

I just realized something, Did anyone noticed that LSU players haven't been drafted except for that CB kid ?

10Bama54

1st Team
Sep 16, 2006

Who do you think from Alabama will be drafted next?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Great news for Landon. I hate that no one in the last 1/3 of that 1st round realized that Landon will be a great player. Going from #18-#25 like he was projected will cost him $ but if he goes out and does what we know he can do he will get his $. Congrats Landon.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.