Landon Collins - to the Giants in the 1st pick of the 2nd Round

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Re: Landon Collins - where do you think he will go?

I thought he was going late 1st Round. He's been in the Top 10 available prospects regardless of position since the 1st Pick. Steelers fans wanted him but that's a moot point now. I would think early 2nd Round at worst now. He's the best Safety in the draft by far

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

He will go early second round now. Surprised he wasn't the first safety off the board as he was consensus top safety in draft by a good margin. Someone is getting a great deal

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

It's a thrower's league, and as good as he is, he has never been the most consistent cover guy.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

He will go early second round now. Surprised he wasn't the first safety off the board as he was consensus top safety in draft by a good margin. Someone is getting a great deal
Totally agree. Some of those dudes that went tonight will be gone in two years. Still mega talent on the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

The first two picks in the 2nd round need a safety, especially the Titans. The main reason he fell has to do with team needs not so much LC. Only one S was taken (GB). I've read that the Packers wanted a S that could also potentially be moved to CB too. Can't really do that with LC.

I was surprised Indy passed on him since they badly need help at S. Seemed most teams wanted a WR and it was a deep WR class. Not a lot of DBs taken this year especially when compared to the previous years. To me the biggest surprise was THREE defensive players taken from Washington. You know the team that gave up 52 points to Eastern Washington? I know EWU is a 1AA powerhouse & had Oregon's new QB transfer. Just didn't know that UW had that kind of talent on D.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The first two picks in the 2nd round need a safety, especially the Titans. The main reason he fell has to do with team needs not so much LC. Only one S was taken (GB). I've read that the Packers wanted a S that could also potentially be moved to CB too. Can't really do that with LC.

I was surprised Indy passed on him since they badly need help at S. Seemed most teams wanted a WR and it was a deep WR class. Not a lot of DBs taken this year especially when compared to the previous years. To me the biggest surprise was THREE defensive players taken from Washington. You know the team that gave up 52 points to Eastern Washington? I know EWU is a 1AA powerhouse & had Oregon's new QB transfer. Just didn't know that UW had that kind of talent on D.

Indy only wishes to build offenses. That's why they struggle against complete teams. Defenses and balanced overall teams wins Super Bowls. That's why the colts are stuck with 2

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

Indy only wishes to build offenses. That's why they struggle against complete teams. Defenses and balanced overall teams wins Super Bowls. That's why the colts are stuck with 2
Passing offense to be more specific. They can't run the ball either. I can't tell you a single defensive player for Indy right now. Can list several offensive players but none from their D.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

Passing offense to be more specific. They can't run the ball either. I can't tell you a single defensive player for Indy right now. Can list several offensive players but none from their D.

Josh Chapman dislikes this post :D

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com

He really needed an extra year to improve his cover skills but when ONE person says they could go in the first round they will listen to that guy and ignore anyone else. I don't blame them. If I were 21 years old I'd be the same way. I blame the whole process for taking advantage of them. I think Collins will be a fine pro eventually but you can't be just good at run support and play safety in the NFL.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN

Safeties are needed more and more in the NFL, with the corners being handcuffed the way they are. I thought he'd be off the board already

BamafanNPC

3rd Team
Jan 3, 2007
Pell City, AL

As a Steelers fan I was disappointed when we didn't take him last night. Hopefully they can get him in the second round, but I don't think he will be around then.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

He will be much like Upshaw - a steal in the second round.

There is so much stupidity among NFL team's management. Half the guys drafted last night probably won't make much if any impact for the teams that drafted them.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

More and more the NFL is becoming a speed league...LC's weakness is covering, not tackling. I was surprised when he was rated so highly initially. He's not nearly as complete a safety as Clinton-Dix or Barron in their last years -- and they both struggled at first. Either he needs to lose a little weight or move to OLB.

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006

He will be much like Upshaw - a steal in the second round.

There is so much stupidity among NFL team's management. Half the guys drafted last night probably won't make much if any impact for the teams that drafted them.
But, but! They jumped a 16' broad jump and 76" vertical and ran a 4.1 40!!! That's what's important right?!

I'm like you, I don't see how some of these decision makers ever got in the positions they are considering some of the draft choices they make...

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Yeah, I really started to dislike the NFL as a business last night. The Broncos drafted a guy who was JUST arrested last week for drug possession--although he will fit in WELL now that he is in a state where pot is legal. LOL. Seriously, its still a no-no in the NFL so what's a guy like that to do??! There were some other people of questionable character drafted in the first round so basically the NFL doesn't care about your character until you screw up when you are in the league.

When I saw Landon and his mom being interviewed on the "gold carpet" *insert eyeroll* I cringed the whole time. She said some really stupid things and quite frankly, she looked like it was HER moment, not his. She even said she hated the Saints. Lawd hammercy.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.