Landon Collins - to the Giants in the 1st pick of the 2nd Round

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: Landon Collins - where do you think he will go?

Hard to tell.. I hope its Fowler. I believe the one who has most chance to be drafted would be AK, Depriest and White. But that's between 5-7 rounds. Rest signs as free agent. I really wish Sims had one more year, and he could be drafted within 4th or 5th rounds.
Who do you think from Alabama will be drafted next?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Landon Collins - where do you think he will go?

I just realized something, Did anyone noticed that LSU players haven't been drafted except for that CB kid ?
Collins would have been a first round draft pick if not for the fact his ex girlfriend has been murdered and he is being questioned - not as a suspect, allegedly, but just to gather information. I agree though, they usually have several players drafted by now. Still no AU players drafted :)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

It's all about that second contract!
Great news for Landon. I hate that no one in the last 1/3 of that 1st round realized that Landon will be a great player. Going from #18-#15 will cost him $ but if he goes out and does what we know he can do he will get his $. Congrats Landon.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Not that collin kid... Jalen Collins. Now that other Collins... I feel bad for that kid, if he had nothing to do with the murder...
Collins would have been a first round draft pick if not for he fact his ex girlfriend has been murdered and he is being questioned - not as a suspect, allegedly, but just to gather information. I agree though, they usually have several players drafted by now. Still no AU players drafted :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

For starters, my Bears needed a safety....And second it's NY, you supposed to have some innate hatred for anything NY.

Taking the NY out of the equation, Collins to the Giants is a fine fit but man I would love to have seen Landon in Vic Fangio's defense.
Is this true for those of us, as I, who have degrees from Bama and also NYU? How could you not be a fan of the Giants and Y.A. Tittle. This photo of him is still one of the most iconic in American sports...

LINK

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Right now, Titans and Colts are confusing me with their picks...
Titans are a victim of being a down program forced to take a highly hyped pick in the first 5 picks. Teams that have a top 5 picks usually pick predictably. their second round pick might actually be benefictial down the line. They might of saw a flaw in Landon, couldnt use him, or wanted to try to steal late draft picks after ample time of planning. Like I said the draft is usually won in the later rounds

the Colts actually picked like they normally do. they give Luck another weapon. They rarely pick a defensive player in the first round. Since Peyton was picked in 98 the colts have selected 5 defensive players and traded twice out of 17 drafts. So they have selected 10 offensive players. Its not out of the ordinary. Also consider that Indy has been all offense and relatively no defense ever since Harbaugh relinquished his starting qb job to Manning.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

and it keeps getting funnier. Hobart College has had a player drafted before the Barn
I guess Coates or Nick Marshall is the best chance for them to get a player drafted. I can't really think of anyone else..

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

API is on the board, with Sammie Coates going #87, to the Steelers. I'm sure we are all disappointed. (Almost as much as watching tonight's baseball game. Which we lost.)

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

knees are a real draft problem, WRT Arie, and the family knows it...
That's that was another perplexing thing about the the 1st round. 2 players were drafted who ended the CFB season with torn ACLs. I know that AK's was more extensive than Gurleys or the OT from TAMU. But thought it interesting they're getting first round money with that type of injury even with the advances made in recovery time with ACLs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

Glad LC got drafted quick but I was disappointed he didn't stay. Randy Gregory stuck it out to 60 and I thought that was pretty cool. Probably just me though but he was all alone waiting but he didn't pout or throw a tantrum. Hopefully he can turn it around in Big D. Landon is just peeved. He will be laying the wood in the NFC and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes Eddie Lacy Big Apple style!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Glad LC got drafted quick but I was disappointed he didn't stay. Randy Gregory stuck it out to 60 and I thought that was pretty cool. Probably just me though but he was all alone waiting but he didn't pout or throw a tantrum. Hopefully he can turn it around in Big D. Landon is just peeved. He will be laying the wood in the NFC and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes Eddie Lacy Big Apple style!

LC never had the issues RG has had; he did everything right and had a less than stellar game against OSU and the pros wrongfully made him pay. He left early to be a first rounder, that's what he was advised would happen and it didn't. I'd be very disappointed too. No one in their right mind would take RG high in the first round due to the questions surrounding him and the fact he was taken off the boards completely by several teams, remarkable in itself for someone who was considered by many experts to be the best pass rusher in the draft.
LC will get his head right and go to NY and by his play make those who passed on him regret doing so.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
That's that was another perplexing thing about the the 1st round. 2 players were drafted who ended the CFB season with torn ACLs. I know that AK's was more extensive than Gurleys or the OT from TAMU. But thought it interesting they're getting first round money with that type of injury even with the advances made in recovery time with ACLs.

Rams are taking a shot in the dark with gurley, which all draftees technically are. I think St. Louis had better options available, and personally I wouldn't taken him 1st round.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I am just glad he went somewhere that will make it a major hassle for his mom to go to his games.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Was talking to a few friends about the draft over the weekend - most were surprised that the Giants traded up to get Collins. The Giants don't have any Alabama players on their roster - well, they do now.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.