Yeldon to the Jags

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
I'm glad TJ got picked, but kind of sorry he's going to the Jags. We lived in Jacksonville for about 20 years, and that team is just a mess.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Jags are doing great job rebuildling this year through draft... will it translate to the field? We won't know.. but they should be lot better than they were last year.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Great news and unexpectedly early from what the experts were saying. I always felt he was the 3rd best RB in the draft. Congrats TJ!!!!

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
He will have no competition for the primary back position. Gerhardt is a 3rd down back & they have Denard Robinson is an athlete who gets a few carries. Hopefully he'll stay injury free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I have a cousin who works with the Jags who said they were going to select TJ. This was months ago. I've seen a LOT of picks that had him pegged to J'ville but most were 3rd rd. makes me wonder if they heard other teams interested. Really glad to see him and LC go so quick. Personally I think it's a great situation for Yeldon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
The Jags aren't a terrible franchise. Yes, the last 8 years have been pretty bad, but it's not like there's not been some success.

Two AFC championship appearances in the first five years of existence. Multiple playoff appearances from 1996. Then after all the success and a couple of down years, Wayne Weaver bowed to local media pressure -and by default, fan pressure- and made easily the biggest mistake in franchise history: fired Tom Coughlin (Weaver even admitted as such upon his selling of the franchise to Shad Khan.

There were some decent to good years under Jack Del Rio, but the franchise was mauled by Shack Harris and the worst GM in NFL history, Gene Smith. I mean, just horrible.

If anything, I'd be more concerned about Amari Cooper going to Oakland. Talk about futility! I badly wanted him here in Jacksonville, because Justin Blackmon has proven he can't be trusted. Regardless, glad to see TJ as a Jaguar.

PS- The Jags have won more playoff games in the last 20 years than the Dallas Cowboys. :cool2:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
PS- The Jags have won more playoff games in the last 20 years than the Dallas Cowboys. :cool2:
How many since Coughlin was run off? :wink:

Love this for Yeldon. I had heard all over the place that his stock was rising fast but had no idea that he would go this early in the 2nd.

jenk56

1st Team
Sep 5, 2012
I think this is a good place for TJ to land, the Jags are on the rise and have a developing OLine. With an athletic QB, established TE only if they could keep Blackmon out of the bottle.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I was hoping the Jags would draft Amari with the thrid pick because he had said many times that he hoped to play somewhere in Florida, his home state, and because I was praying he wouldn't go to Oakland..
For T.J., this is a very good fit and I think he'll have an opportunity to start or contribute significantly right off the bat.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Good for him...I always thought he was just on the verge of breaking out his last two years when he would get injured. He is one more tough running back with the best jump shift/break I have seen in a while.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
This couldn't have worked out much better for TJ for many of the reasons already stated. Jacksonville is one of the few spots in the NFL where he can step right in and have a significant role from the get go. I'm also surprised he went as early as he did. I fully believe he has the talent to do as well as any back drafted this year.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
I was hoping the Jags would draft Amari with the thrid pick because he had said many times that he hoped to play somewhere in Florida, his home state, and because I was praying he wouldn't go to Oakland..
For T.J., this is a very good fit and I think he'll have an opportunity to start or contribute significantly right off the bat.
Actuallyyy cooper wanted to be far away from home. Check out his ESPN take interview

hollisx4

1st Team
Aug 29, 2005
Columbiana, AL.
I'm excited to see all of our guys get picked up and do well and I think Yeldon is in a great spot here in JAX.

Gerhardt just isn't the guy and Robinson is more of a scat back so I think he has got a real opportunity to be a good player on a young team and make some meaningful contributions.

On a side note, what I'm hearing from folks supposedly in the know is that Blackmon isn't even trying to make a comeback and the Jags have pretty much written him off FWIW.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Look at their roster:
Toby Gerhart 0 in six years as RB, averaging 4.3 yards has 1,631 career total.
Storm Johnson- played in one game
Benard Pierce- His number don't really look good as well.
TJ Yeldon
Denard Robinson -Between Gerhart and Robinson... Both were averaging less than 5 yards per carries. I don't know why he spent so much time at RB... he's better suited as WR... and occasionally 3rd down back.

Honestly, Someone will be the odd man out, and I think it'll be Robinson.... He'll move to WR, and we'll see Yeldon/Gerhart/Pierce. This may be a good for all RBs... Yeldon has great chance to start game 1 this season.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Look at their roster:
Toby Gerhart 0 in six years as RB, averaging 4.3 yards has 1,631 career total.
Storm Johnson- played in one game
Benard Pierce- His number don't really look good as well.
TJ Yeldon
Denard Robinson -Between Gerhart and Robinson... Both were averaging less than 5 yards per carries. I don't know why he spent so much time at RB... he's better suited as WR... and occasionally 3rd down back.

Honestly, Someone will be the odd man out, and I think it'll be Robinson.... He'll move to WR, and we'll see Yeldon/Gerhart/Pierce. This may be a good for all RBs... Yeldon has great chance to start game 1 this season.
YPC statistics are toned down significantly in the NFL. Exactly 4 RBs had YPCs of 5 or more last year (5.0, 5.1, 5.1, 5.4, to add perspective). Something in the 4-5 YPC range is good. Robinson may move, but if so, it'll be for durability reasons, not poor production when he was on the field.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.