Pig People take game 2, 8-4

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
We out-hit them.

Left the bases loaded, twice.

Had a runner picked off of first, to end an inning. Also twice.

11 LOB.

Gave up way too many BBs, and K'ed 12 times.

At least that was an improvement over 14, in the first game.

All in all, a game that we were weak fundamentally. I guess it beats watching the NFL draft.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Worse team fundamentally I have ever seen in Tuscaloosa. Truly has turned embarrassing. Hey- I understand the challenges that have faced Bama baseball the last 8-10 years. By far the worse facilities in the best baseball league in the country along with lack of a level playing field due to no lottery scholarships. But the basic coaching of this team is beyond ridiculous. Gaspard is not qualified to coach in the SEC.
We out-hit them.

Left the bases loaded, twice.

Had a runner picked off of first, to end an inning. Also twice.

11 LOB.

Gave up way too many BBs, and K'ed 12 times.

At least that was an improvement over 14, in the first game.

All in all, a game that we were weak fundamentally. I guess it beats watching the NFL draft.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I will add - the lack of responses and interest on this site concerning baseball tells me everything I need to know. There is a complete loss of confidence in the program.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Worse team fundamentally I have ever seen in Tuscaloosa. Truly has turned embarrassing. Hey- I understand the challenges that have faced Bama baseball the last 8-10 years. By far the worse facilities in the best baseball league in the country along with lack of a level playing field due to no lottery scholarships. But the basic coaching of this team is beyond ridiculous. Gaspard is not qualified to coach in the SEC.
Sorry, but I don't buy this. Jim Wells managed to compete very well with the old facilities and no lottery schollys. The lack of a lottery doesn't seem to bother Ole Miss too much either. The simple fact is that we are getting decent to good players and not developing them once they get here. That is not the fault of the facilities or the lack of a lottery. That is the fault of the coach.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
I agree players are not being developed. But Wells success in the 90's and early 2000's came at a time that many other schools did not have lottery scholarships either. Playing field was much more even. Teams today are offering full rides to the best out of state talent. Alabama cannot do that. It is a huge disadvantage .Ole Miss has been good - but look at them and Miss St this year. Combine that with the fact Bama fell way behind the best teams in the league and it makes a huge difference in who you can sign. Add Gaspard's below average coaching and it results in what we have today.
Sorry, but I don't buy this. Jim Wells managed to compete very well with the old facilities and no lottery schollys. The lack of a lottery doesn't seem to bother Ole Miss too much either. The simple fact is that we are getting decent to good players and not developing them once they get here. That is not the fault of the facilities or the lack of a lottery. That is the fault of the coach.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
I'm not saying that the lottery scholarships has no effect. I am just saying that I don't buy it as an excuse. Wells had to face the same thing. Florida began the lottery in 1988, Kentucky in 1989, Louisiana in 1991, Georgia in 1992, South Carolina in 2002, Tennessee in 2004 and Arkansas in 2009. All of these were in or before the Wells era. The simple fact is that we are not developing the players that we have and, in many ways, they are regressing after their freshmen seasons.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
That 5th inning was one of the fundamentally worst I have seen in awhile. Really, really sad to watch.

I posted a thread on BamaMag very early this season challenging anyone to name a player who actually improved at the plate under this staff? No one put forward a name.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.