Undrafted Free Agent Signings for SEC Players & Players of Note

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
On a state by state basis, how did the state of Alabama do in this Draft + Free Agents/Try-outs? How did we compare to all other states where players were originally from?

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
What is the difference between a try-out and being signed as an undrafted free agent?
Most guys who try out won't make the 53 man roster. They are really trying out for a practice squad spot which pays around $6K a week in season. Not a bad living and it's much easier to make a 53 man roster if you are already on practice squad..

BamaGalfromN.AL

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 8, 2007
Hope it works out for Blake and his tryouts. He is one of my favorite players now and deserves a chance! Just not sure how that is going to work out at Green Bay, hope he gets a fair shot at QB or at least at RB or WR.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
7 players drafted is not bad especially 2 in the 1st & 2 in the second.
But

i don't know why but I was disappointed in the draft.

they seem to pick more players each year that spend their college careers playing against high school competition.

I guess its its just me & I will get over it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think Blake has good chance of making practice squad and I truly believe he'll see the field eventually either as RB or WR... Wouldnt hurt him to " redshirt" for two years honing up skills... He probably iwll end up somewhere though. I dont think he'll land in CFL. If he does go there, I still would expect him to be back in NFL.
Most guys who try out won't make the 53 man roster. They are really trying out for a practice squad spot which pays around $6K a week in season. Not a bad living and it's much easier to make a 53 man roster if you are already on practice squad..

Bamaboda1

Suspended
Sep 1, 2006
Kathleen, GA
Hope it works out for Blake and his tryouts. He is one of my favorite players now and deserves a chance! Just not sure how that is going to work out at Green Bay, hope he gets a fair shot at QB or at least at RB or WR.
Well, we can hope. The last time GB had a Bama QB it worked out pretty well for them. MVP SuperBowl 1 and 2.:)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
7 players drafted is not bad especially 2 in the 1st & 2 in the second.
But

i don't know why but I was disappointed in the draft.

they seem to pick more players each year that spend their college careers playing against high school competition.

I guess its its just me & I will get over it.
Can't remember even where I read it, but half of the starters in the NFL are 4th round or later...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
LOL. I think this is the one where he may stick with the team. Redskins needs help everywhere they can get. I think lot of teams got their eyes on him right now.. probably wouldn't sign him until they cut down the roster to 53 man.. and then sign him to practice squad.
The Redskins should try him out as a QB. I guarantee you that he is at least as good as the poop pile that Washington has at that position.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.