Texas state militia guards Seals and Green Berets in Texas...

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Re: National Guard guards Seals and Green Berets in Texas...

I imagine your politics differ from many CoC members, excepting those out in California.
That is certainly true I would imagine. Never talked politics with anybody from the Church. Their beliefs were different from mine in many ways. Ain't everbody's?:) But I'm used to being a minority!

Course there is the Church of Christ then there is the United Church of Christ. I attended the Church of Christ. Now I am a heathen.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

I did say "many", not "most" or "all"; nevertheless, my CoC circle is rather conservative...socially and fiscally.
Wait till I tell your preacher you're an oenophile!:eek2: Feel them flames yet?:biggrin:

Thank you CA

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I did say "many", not "most" or "all"; nevertheless, my CoC circle is rather conservative...socially and fiscally.
True. I wasn't trying to say all (or most) were like Seebell, just that his viewpoint isn't as uncommon as it was even 10 years ago in the CoC, ime.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

LOL! I hope that was intended to be in blue. Texas is not the only place WalMart is using heavy-handed tactics against organizing...
Back when WM decided to get into the grocery business, they originally had on-site butchers.

The butchers tries to unionize, and before you could say "Boston Butt," Walmart got rid of all of them and went to prepackaged everything.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Back when WM decided to get into the grocery business, they originally had on-site butchers.

The butchers tries to unionize, and before you could say "Boston Butt," Walmart got rid of all of them and went to prepackaged everything.
Good answer to extortion.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

With what they pay, I'd never buy anything fresh-cut from them anyway. Wouldn't trust the food either. But then, I've never disguised my disgust with Walley World and what they've done to this country, as a subsidiary of China...

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

LOL! I've said above that I realized that it was a Photoshop, but, the way the day has gone, there wasn't time to go back and delete or edit. I guess I will now, unless I want to hear from CoC for the next three weeks... :D
Haha. You don't have to worry about hearing from us :) Actually the picture of the sign comes from a book with "memorable" church sign slogans which also was taken from "1001 Church Sign Slogans." My favorite I've seen on a church sign is: "God is a winner and Satan is a weiner." :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Haha. You don't have to worry about hearing from us :) Actually the picture of the sign comes from a book with "memorable" church sign slogans which also was taken from "1001 Church Sign Slogans." My favorite I've seen on a church sign is: "God is a winner and Satan is a weiner." :biggrin:
Your remark is funnier than you think. Hot dogs (little wurst) are called various names in German, all over Germany, Switzerland and Austria, all based on "wurst." The German name for Vienna is "Wien" and somehow the name of that city got attached to little wurst, but only in America. Now, in German, a "Wiener" is literally someone who's from Vienna.* You reversed the vowels ("ie" in German always pronounced as "e" in German; "ei" always as long "i"). By doing that, you just said that Satan was a "crier." :D

A "Wiener" is also a pastry, but it's never called that in Austria - only in Denmark. By the same token, the extremely similar pastry called a "Dänischer" in Vienna is not called than in Denmark. Of course, in Berlin, a Berliner pastry is just that. When you buy one in Berlin, you say "Ein Berliner, bitte." That means one sweet bun. When you say where you're from, you never declare the article. IOW, you'd never say "Ich bin ein Amerikaner." You would say "Ich bin Amerikaner." Hence the howler when Kennedy declared "Ich bin ein Berliner." (I am a Berliner pastry.") Didn't matter to the crowd. They loved it...

Last edited:

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham

With what they pay, I'd never buy anything fresh-cut from them anyway. Wouldn't trust the food either. But then, I've never disguised my disgust with Walley World and what they've done to this country, as a subsidiary of China...
Amen. The only time I set foot in there is for an emergency reason and every other place halfway close is closed. The last time I was in one was two years ago when I discovered at 1:30 in the morning that our basement was flooding. IMO, the absolute ONLY positive thing I can say about WM is that they're always open.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Amen. The only time I set foot in there is for an emergency reason and every other place halfway close is closed. The last time I was two years ago in one was when I discovered at 1:30 in the morning that our basement was flooding. IMO, the absolute ONLY positive thing I can say about WM is that they're always open.
*like* since our "like" button is out. Incidentally, our site problems started with a corruption in the "like" plugin. We're still in trouble, now with the PM function. It's working again, but there's a problem with the tables. I have 65K+ PMs I have saved, for a lot of reasons and I don't have access to them at the moment, although I hope to get it back...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Dang straight. That radioactive red glow they emit turns my stomach.
That's from the nitrogen they inject into the meats to make them look red past the expiration dates. Speaking of expiration dates, if you'll randomly look at the expiration dates on their meats, you'll see that the greatest majority of them are only a day or two away. Considering the 'extending' measures they take, you can bet the original expiration dates have long passed. Hence my original comment ''I never buy meats at Walmart''.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

To address the original article in the thread, most on this board know the low opinion in which I hold journalists, but this journalist besmirches the already catastrophically low reputation of the genus. Instead of telling us the facts, he proceeds to tell the readers what they should think about the policy which the journalist obviously thinks is ridiculous.
But what is his argument? It is silly for anyone to be suspicious of the Federal government. Is that idea really that silly? The Federal government has broken hundreds of treaties with Native American tribes. The Federal government, the creature of the peoples of the several states, created by their action, now deigns to tell its creators which powers and rights they, the creators, retain. It has overthrown ten elected republican governments and replaced them with appointed military governors. This agency has infected black men with venereal disease, then denied them effective treatment, just to so what would happen. This agency has detained 110,000 Americans, the majority of whom were United States citizens (a policy the Supreme Court approved of, by the way). While I unequivocally do not endorse the overthrow of the Federal government, I'd say the Federal government has earned a healthy degree of skepticism.
If Texas citizens are concerned, then why not send someone (not in Federal employ) to watch? I should think daylight is the best disinfectant.
The irony is that Jade Helm is, in my opinion, absolutely no threat to Texas at all. I would have no problems with whatever officers the state wanted to send to observe the proceedings. It is no skin off my nose.
This "journalist's" work, however, is another example of why NPR should receive no Federal funding. His "article" is a piece of trash, in line with the lowest traditions of American journalism.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.