Texas state militia guards Seals and Green Berets in Texas...

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Re: National Guard guards Seals and Green Berets in Texas...

and in other news, rep gohmert joins that inner circle of true conservatives like cruz, abbot, paul and chuck norris in his concerns about government tyranny.

Certainly, I can understand these concerns. When leaders within the current administration believe that major threats to the country include those who support the Constitution, are military veterans, or even ‘cling to guns or religion,’ patriotic Americans have reason to be concerned. We have seen people working in this administration use their government positions to persecute people with conservative beliefs in God, country, and notions such as honor and self-reliance. Because of the contempt and antipathy for the true patriots or even Christian saints persecuted for their Christian beliefs, it is no surprise that those who have experienced or noticed such persecution are legitimately suspicious.

Having served in the U.S. Army, I can understand why military officials have a goal to see if groups of Special Forces can move around a civilian population without being noticed and can handle various threat scenarios. In military science classes or in my years on active duty, I have participated in or observed military exercises; however, we never named an existing city or state as a “hostile.” We would use fictitious names before we would do such a thing.

Once I observed the map depicting ‘hostile,’ ‘permissive,’ and ‘uncertain’ states and locations, I was rather appalled that the hostile areas amazingly have a Republican majority, ‘cling to their guns and religion,’ and believe in the sanctity of the United States Constitution. When the federal government begins, even in practice, games or exercises, to consider any U.S. city or state in 'hostile' control and trying to retake it, the message becomes extremely calloused and suspicious.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

and forbes

Responding to conspiracy theorists jamming the Internet with their fears that the military exercise, dubbed “Jade Helm 15”, is nothing more than a ruse designed to hide the true intentions of the federal government—the invasion of Texas—Texas Governor Greg Abbott yesterday ordered the Texas State Guard to carefully monitor the military training exercise—looking for signs that the military is planning to confiscate Texans’ guns or impose martial law.

Seriously…the Governor of Texas really did this.

While I suppose even state governors can suffer from extreme paranoia, especially when that paranoia plays well with the base, it is difficult to imagine that such an elected official would have so little confidence in our military troops as to believe that they would participate in the invasion of an American state.
so the nut jobs have lost wal-mart and forbes

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Yeah, because anybody who would want to keep an eye on any portion of the Federal government is obviously a nutjob.
there is a difference in "keeping an eye" on the federal government and being a raving lunatic (or pandering to raving lunatics)

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

there is a difference in "keeping an eye" on the federal government and being a raving lunatic (or pandering to raving lunatics)
Do you know anything about Unconventional Warfare or are you as uninformed about this as you are on other subjects?

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Do you know anything about Unconventional Warfare or are you as uninformed about this as you are on other subjects?
I know that the US Army taking over Texas so Obama can have a 3rd term is rather unconventional.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

I'm seriously considering buying stock in Alcoa.....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I'm sorry, but I simply do not see Texas guards creeping around the perimeter (or as close as they will be allowed to get) of a federal troop exercise as being anything which will lead to useful intelligence. "Intelligence" is not behind this whole governor's project, in any sense of the word. Equating this to oversight over the federal budget is so absurd I'm not going to scroll up and see who brought, or tried to bring, that into the equation...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

You guys do realize that none of this has really happened yet, right?

These are planned operations that won't start until July, and will run into September.

http://therightscoop.com/greg-abbot...helm-but-rick-perry-says-abbott-went-too-far/

http://gov.texas.gov/news/press-release/20805

This is what happens when you mistake NPR for accurate news reporting.
From Abbot's earlier remarks, sounds like a whole bunch of crawfishing going on now...

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Good 'Un JT! :biggrin: I will be moving to Tejas when the take over is complete. Been promised job as overseer at one of the camps. Payback time boys!:eek:
Not me.. I'm going to drive down to Mexico and take over. With all of them here, it'll be so deserted I should be able to buy it for a song.
Then I'm going to turn the entire southern length of the Rio Grande into a winter time vacation retreat. :biggrin2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.