Texas state militia guards Seals and Green Berets in Texas...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
File this under "you can't make crap like this up." When I told my wife, she said that "Texas, like Louisiana, is another country..."

LINK

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: National Guard guards Seals and Green Berets in Texas...

What an off the wall waste of time and money by Abbott. I would be ticked were I a resident of Texas.
I liked the remark of the former state rep. that he didn't know what he found more disturbing - that the governor really believed the SEALS were there to take over or that the governor would pander to them...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Wow, having trouble processing. The Texas GOP should impeach. Dude is too crazy to run a State of that size.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Apparently it's the Texas State Guard and not the National Guard.
Thanks for the correction. NPR obviously made a mistake. The NG could be federalized at a stroke of the president's pen, at which time, they'd have to follow according to the normal chain of command. So they have a state guard totally separate from the National Guard?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I assume the Texas State Guard is the wacko militia and doomsdayers. Those folks need help.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Wait till Abbott sees the Muslim Brother Hood riding in the command vehicles. :eek2:

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

Thanks for the correction. NPR obviously made a mistake. The NG could be federalized at a stroke of the president's pen, at which time, they'd have to follow according to the normal chain of command. So they have a state guard totally separate from the National Guard?
yup, Texas has their own army. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_State_Guard

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

It's all part of the governor's master plan: He's gonna get the entire state declared insane, then sign on for Obama Medicare subsidies.

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
File this under "you can't make crap like this up." When I told my wife, she said that "Texas, like Louisiana, is another country..."

LINK
I was just reminded of the time 15 or so years ago, when I was informed (seriously) by a co-worker that the UN was going to invade and take over the United States--apparently so informed by her uncle. Actually you could make up stuff like this, but why would you need to?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I was just reminded of the time 15 or so years ago, when I was informed (seriously) by a co-worker that the UN was going to invade and take over the United States--apparently so informed by her uncle. Actually you could make up stuff like this, but why would you need to?
well, we've seen the plans being laid the last decade or so with agenda 21, the nafta superhighway and the amero. not to mention all of the body bags and ammo that they feds have been stockpiling.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Gonna be interesting to see how many Texas military bases are on the list when the next round of base closures comes out...
I've been impressed with how non-political the BRACs have been. Huntsville has benefited greatly from the last two and Alabama has gone out of its way to poke a finger in Washington's eye. OTOH, I've been told by people well-placed enough to be able to predict that there will never be another BRAC. For those to happen, Congress had to take hands off completely and did. With our present and foreseeable future polarized Congresses, that's extremely unlikely. In addition, a lot of pork slipped out of the hands of a lot of delegations and they're not likely to turn loose of much more...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
well, we've seen the plans being laid the last decade or so with agenda 21, the nafta superhighway and the amero. not to mention all of the body bags and ammo that they feds have been stockpiling.
Yes, NAFTA. Those jobs didn't stop in Mexico very long, did they. I have a personal tale about Perot I'll tell later...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.