MWC looking at different championship game formats.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
All current championship games among Football Bowl Subdivision conferences match the winners of two divisions consisting of at least six teams. With deregulation, the Mountain West -- or any other FBS conference -- could decide the participants of a conference championship game with their own metric. That could mean rankings, winning percentage or some other measure. The idea is to lessen the possibility of an elite (i.e. undefeated) team from being upset by a lesser team from the other division.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...ing-structure-allowing-two-best-teams-to-meet

If there was finger pointing and controversy in the BCS just think what Ten different championship game formats will bring us. Let the fighting begin!

"ITS NOT FAIR! THEY DIDN'T PLAY A REAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME."

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And blowing up the BCS was going to mean.....LESS controversy, isn't that what we were told?

And I say this as an anti-BCSer, but I merely wanted something to prevent an unbeaten SEC team from being victimized by the old "you started the season ranked too low because of us and it's YOUR fault." I would have been fine with a "plus one." I'm fine with a four-team playoff, and if we had failed to make it last year because of the Ole Miss loss, it would have been OUR fault.

But geez........

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I still like no divisions, rotating conference schedule, no rivalry games and let the two highest ranked teams at the end of the season square off in Atlanta.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I still like no divisions, rotating conference schedule, no rivalry games and let the two highest ranked teams at the end of the season square off in Atlanta.
I wouldn't want no rivalry games. If we are going to stay at an eight game schedule, we could have three rivalry games and rotate five in and out every other year. That way every player would visit each stadium at least once.

I do not want them to drop the 12 team rule to have a championship game. Every other conference followed the rules and expanded so they could have one. Why should we allow the Big XII to be an exception?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.