News Article: So ISIS Wants to Find out how we Roll...Attacks Anti-Islam Event in Texas

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
On the one hand, while this was certainly an act of free speech, it was an intentionally inciting and irresponsible event - encouraging retaliation and forcing police and security personnel to potentially put themselves in harm's way in order to protect those practicing their free speech. As much as many individuals want to promote Islam as a peaceful religion, history has shown that Muslims have consistently reacted to such events with violence.

On the other hand, since no one suffered life-threatening or apparently even major injuries and the two perps were shot dead steps away from their vehicle... bwahahaha. :)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
On the one hand, while this was certainly an act of free speech, it was an intentionally inciting and irresponsible event - encouraging retaliation and forcing police and security personnel to potentially put themselves in harm's way in order to protect those practicing their free speech. As much as many individuals want to promote Islam as a peaceful religion, history has shown that Muslims have consistently reacted to such events with violence.

On the other hand, since no one suffered life-threatening or apparently even major injuries and the two perps were shot dead steps away from their vehicle... bwahahaha. :)

I say put one on weekly. "Artists" can literally put crap on crosses and drop crucifixes in jars of urine and Christians go and slit the artists throats in the streets and shoot up the exhibits while strapped with explosives RIGHT? Of course not. Screw these zealots. I don't care if their sensibilities are offended. This just brings out the true nature of their beliefs. It's time to confront them. If they can't embrace our Constitutional freedoms and enter the 21st century then they have no place here. If they want to beat women, decapitate infidels, and stone gay citizens like the 7th century goat lovers that they are...then I say game on. We're locked, cocked, and ready to rock.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Yeah, but also no. You ever seen an episode of Family Guy? They go out of their way to make fun of Christianity/Jesus/God on an almost every single episode basis. If making fun of something that other people hold dear would be deemed irresponsible & inciting, then comedy would cease to exist.

But also yeah, what kind of hateful jerk goes out of their way to offend or make fun of something someone else holds dear? I don't understand Seth McFarland's humor on Family Guy, and I don't understand this Texas Art-Exhibit.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I say put one on weekly. "Artists" can literally put crap on crosses and drop crucifixes in jars of urine and Christians go and slit the artists throats in the streets and shoot up the exhibits while strapped with explosives RIGHT? Of course not. Screw these zealots. I don't care if their sensibilities are offended. This just brings out the true nature of their beliefs. It's time to confront them. If they can't embrace our Constitutional freedoms and enter the 21st century then they have no place here. If they want to beat women, decapitate infidels, and stone gay citizens like the 7th century goat lovers that they are...then I say game on. We're locked, cocked, and ready to rock.
*Thanks and *Like**

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
This ain't France boys. We'll shoot back. If you want a soft target just go to a liberal, anti-2nd Amendment strong hold. I certainly wouldn't advise attacking Southern states. Just sayin'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...xhibition-art-depicting-prophet-Muhammad.html
Not sure what the results here had to do with conservative/liberal or with the 2nd amendment. This event apparently had proper security and it did its job. Its not like Billy Bob with his open carry weapons handled this.:conf2:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Not sure what the results here had to do with conservative/liberal or with the 2nd amendment. This event apparently had proper security and it did its job. Its not like Billy Bob with his open carry weapons handled this.:conf2:
I would have but the cop was in my line of fire.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My immediate thought when I heard about this shooting at the Islamic thing and explosives being involved was the same everyone else had: "I'll bet it's a couple of homophobic Southern Baptists!!!"

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The two French officers who were the first murdered in the Charles Hebdo shooting spree had NO GUN!!! They were left to be executed while BEGGING for their lives. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH GUN RIGHTS! Keep making cracks about Billy Bob having a weapon. Why do you think they had ARMED security at this event? You leftist just don't seem to get it when it comes to liberty and gun rights. Wait, why am I arguing this with you? Nevermind. I'll just find a brick wall to bash my head against ;)

Just think though...In your precious "Gun Free Zones" When there is a mass killing...The shooting only stops when another gun gets there!!!!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Don't know if anyone else noticed, but this traffic cop was a pretty fair country shot. These guys were armed with assault rifles and body armor and he took both of 'em out - with his service pistol. At this point, I would think they had to be head shots. The last split second of these two guys consciousness must have been amazement. I saw a video a while back shot by a surveillance camera at a service station in Brazil. The assaulter circled around, came up behind his intended victim. He put a headlock on the guy and put his pistol to the guy's head. An off duty cop was standing right there. He initially put his hands up, but then he bladed his body, drew and then shot the only thing showing - the assaulter's head. From the shootee's body language, you can see a split second of astoundment and then he jerks and falls backwards and out. Unfortunately, the YouTube account which put up the video has been taken down...

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The two French officers who were the first murdered in the Charles Hebdo shooting spree had NO GUN!!! They were left to be executed while BEGGING for their lives. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH GUN RIGHTS! Keep making cracks about Billy Bob having a weapon. Why do you think they had ARMED security at this event? You leftist just don't seem to get it when it comes to liberty and gun rights. Wait, why am I arguing this with you? Nevermind. I'll just find a brick wall to bash my head against ;)

Just think though...In your precious "Gun Free Zones" When there is a mass killing...The shooting only stops when another gun gets there!!!!
Probably because considering the type of event, it made perfect sense.:conf2:

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
Saw one report that the traffic cop had never fired his service weapon before. That makes it even more impressive. Had he not been a good shot, who knows what these guys might have accomplished. The off-duty cop who got shot in the ankle was unarmed. Luckily he was not the only thing standing between them and the people inside.

The interesting thing for me is that, although the DFW area has a sizable Muslim community, none of them showed up to even protest this event. The gunmen had apparently come all the way from Phoenix. The locals were pretty much willing to live and let live (literally).

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Given that we can't all have armed security with us everywhere we go, I'm not sure the point you are making. Clearly, guns stopped thins from getting worse. It makes perfect sense to me that French police would be armed. They weren't. People died.
Simple, armed security at an event like this made perfect sense.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.