News Article: So ISIS Wants to Find out how we Roll...Attacks Anti-Islam Event in Texas

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I say put one on weekly. "Artists" can literally put crap on crosses and drop crucifixes in jars of urine and Christians go and slit the artists throats in the streets and shoot up the exhibits while strapped with explosives RIGHT? Of course not. Screw these zealots. I don't care if their sensibilities are offended. This just brings out the true nature of their beliefs. It's time to confront them. If they can't embrace our Constitutional freedoms and enter the 21st century then they have no place here. If they want to beat women, decapitate infidels, and stone gay citizens like the 7th century goat lovers that they are...then I say game on. We're locked, cocked, and ready to rock.
The two French officers who were the first murdered in the Charles Hebdo shooting spree had NO GUN!!! They were left to be executed while BEGGING for their lives. IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH GUN RIGHTS! Keep making cracks about Billy Bob having a weapon. Why do you think they had ARMED security at this event? You leftist just don't seem to get it when it comes to liberty and gun rights. Wait, why am I arguing this with you? Nevermind. I'll just find a brick wall to bash my head against ;)

Just think though...In your precious "Gun Free Zones" When there is a mass killing...The shooting only stops when another gun gets there!!!!
Dang, I miss the Like button.

Well said, BC.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Given that we can't all have armed security with us everywhere we go, I'm not sure the point you are making. Clearly, guns stopped thins from getting worse. It makes perfect sense to me that French police would be armed. They weren't. People died.
Both the French and the British have strong traditions against armed police, from past misuse of those by the state...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Yes, I was there.

I can confirm the 2 knuckleheads were dropped by one of our traffic cops, with his service sidearm. And they had assault rifles and body armor. While the locals will not confirm this, one of them came from Phoenix, and had been on their watch list, for 5 years.

Only someone who was not a local would try something like this. If you had seen all the security, you would have thought twice and went somewhere else. But, these losers had 1200 miles or so to whip up hate.

The organizer had to put up $10k, for security, before they would agree to letting them hold the event there. We commented, on the way out, it was probably overkill, but nice to know they were willing to pony up that kind of money.

Then it hit the fan.

More later, once I get some sleep. Was at the police station, until 2:30 AM, being interviewed by FBI, ATF, JTTF, and how knows what other alphabet soup types.

Could not get to our vehicles until almost noon. And those were the lucky ones. Still an active crime scene investigation.

And the next person who calls it an "anti Muslim" event........................well, don't mess with Texas, ok?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes, I was there.

I can confirm the 2 knuckleheads were dropped by one of our traffic cops, with his service sidearm. And they had assault rifles and body armor. While the locals will not confirm this, one of them came from Phoenix, and had been on their watch list, for 5 years.

Only someone who was not a local would try something like this. If you had seen all the security, you would have thought twice and went somewhere else. But, these losers had 1200 miles or so to whip up hate.

The organizer had to put up $10k, for security, before they would agree to letting them hold the event there. We commented, on the way out, it was probably overkill, but nice to know they were willing to pony up that kind of money.

Then it hit the fan.

More later, once I get some sleep. Was at the police station, until 2:30 AM, being interviewed by FBI, ATF, JTTF, and how knows what other alphabet soup types.

Could not get to our vehicles until almost noon. And those were the lucky ones. Still an active crime scene investigation.

And the next person who calls it an "anti Muslim" event........................well, don't mess with Texas, ok?
glad you are ok.

you need to post your cartoon submission ;)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Well, since my artistic abilities are on the level of a second grader, I chose not to enter any of my stick figure drawings. As funny as I thought them to be.

Anyway, the guy I attended with is what I would call a left-wing commie pink-o atheist. He may not fully agree with my characterization, but the last adjective is 100% true. We made for an interesting pair, as we mentioned who we came with, and our actions, in all of our interviews with the various LEO agencies.

Just so none of you guys believe the lie this was just a bunch of anti-Muslim evangelical Christian extremists. My buddy would take exception to that. But, he wouldn't threaten anyone who may disagree with him. (He is ok, with the authorities doing their duty, since that is their job. You just won't ever see him with any sort of firearm, even for personal protection. Knowing his family history, well, I understand why.)

Did I mention the artist who won was a Muslim, by birth, and re-examined his faith vis-a-vis liberty, after 9/11.

More after I clean up and get something to eat.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, since my artistic abilities are on the level of a second grader, I chose not to enter any of my stick figure drawings. As funny as I thought them to be.

Anyway, the guy I attended with is what I would call a left-wing commie pink-o atheist. He may not fully agree with my characterization, but the last adjective is 100% true. We made for an interesting pair, as we mentioned who we came with, and our actions, in all of our interviews with the various LEO agencies.

Just so none of you guys believe the lie this was just a bunch of anti-Muslim evangelical Christian extremists. My buddy would take exception to that. But, he wouldn't threaten anyone who may disagree with him. (He is ok, with the authorities doing their duty, since that is their job. You just won't ever see him with any sort of firearm, even for personal protection. Knowing his family history, well, I understand why.)

Did I mention the artist who won was a Muslim, by birth, and re-examined his faith vis-a-vis liberty, after 9/11.

More after I clean up and get something to eat.
That's it? No more detail? :)

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Later.................still answering email from everyone who thinks I am nuts for going.

It is around the corner from my house................kinda sorta was already in the line of fire, so to speak.

Luckily, around the corner far enough that it did not affect us, at the house. The "Mega-Lo Mart", Target, a sporting goods store, and a hotel were all evacuated. All the roads leading in and out were sealed off. The event center was being set up for SAT testing, on Monday, and all that had to be rescheduled and/or moved. The high school operated as normal, but the main entrance was shut off, as the only way to approach it was past the crime scene.

IOW, the side street were the perps were splattered on the road, and their car in a million pieces. Apparently, it was detonated, while we were still at the police station. Attendees who were not witness to the attack (with witness meaning "Were you outside, and did you hear anything?") were bussed to a fire station, and were at the hotel, around midnight, and they all claimed to have heard that event.

My buddy and I thought about parking at the Walmart, since that is where he met up with me, so we could get out sooner, just in case there were a lot of attendees, and a small traffic jam ensued.

That, and we could both use the exercise. Glad we didn't, because I bet they would have impounded our vehicles, if they were left alone, after the place was evacuated.

Still have not showered, so more later. IOW, can't go any longer like this.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Later.................still answering email from everyone who thinks I am nuts for going.

It is around the corner from my house................kinda sorta was already in the line of fire, so to speak.

Luckily, around the corner far enough that it did not affect us, at the house. The "Mega-Lo Mart", Target, a sporting goods store, and a hotel were all evacuated. All the roads leading in and out were sealed off. The event center was being set up for SAT testing, on Monday, and all that had to be rescheduled and/or moved. The high school operated as normal, but the main entrance was shut off, as the only way to approach it was past the crime scene.

IOW, the side street were the perps were splattered on the road, and their car in a million pieces. Apparently, it was detonated, while we were still at the police station. Attendees who were not witness to the attack (with witness meaning "Were you outside, and did you hear anything?") were bussed to a fire station, and were at the hotel, around midnight, and they all claimed to have heard that event.

My buddy and I thought about parking at the Walmart, since that is where he met up with me, so we could get out sooner, just in case there were a lot of attendees, and a small traffic jam ensued.

That, and we could both use the exercise. Glad we didn't, because I bet they would have impounded our vehicles, if they were left alone, after the place was evacuated.

Still have not showered, so more later. IOW, can't go any longer like this.
Understood. So you were actual eyewitnesses to the gunfight? If so, it's not surprising you were held so long...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Glad you're OK, Cuda. Can't wait to hear more details on both the event and the other event.

Saw the organizer for this on CNN this morning. She characterized it as a free speech and not an anti-Islam event. Maybe anti-radical and anti-Sharia. I'd love to hear from someone who was there.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Glad you're OK, Cuda. Can't wait to hear more details on both the event and the other event.

Saw the organizer for this on CNN this morning. She characterized it as a free speech and not an anti-Islam event. Maybe anti-radical and anti-Sharia. I'd love to hear from someone who was there.
Amen! All we've heard from publicly are parties in interest...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
My house is in this satellite photo. 'Nuf said on that.............yes, more later.

https://www.google.com/maps/@32.9614105,-96.6532281,1994m/data=!3m1!1e3

Along with the plant nursery that a buddy used to own. As well as the Alzheimer's center Mom was in. Three banks I have accounts with, and one I used to have accounts with. Our fire station. I bought a pair of hiking boots, at the sporting goods store, on Friday. If I wasn't at the event, I had to buy toothpaste and soap, at Mega-Lo Mart yesterday.

It was going to get me, one way or another. Might as well check it out. (Joe Bob would approve.)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
The same reason you carry hooks, lines, and the occasional harpoon gun when you're chumming for sharks.
Yeah, that's what they were doing. You know , that is one of the most absurd and warped lines of thinking I've heard posited by some on this issue. They say, well what do you expect when you insult their religion. Well, my religion is insulted all the time and yet I do not put on body armor and look to assassinate innocent people. They do. Like I said, we have free speech and if they can't or won't accept that reality with passive non-violent responses then they need to A) get the hell or B) die. If you want to bend you words and actions and allow for Sharia then there are plenty of options for you. I'm not about to give into their backwards, insane, 7th century goat raping barbarism. I will defend myself, my family's, and my fellow citizens right to be free. If they want religion or no religion. Pork or no pork. Gay or straight. Black or white. Wild or square. Artists who paint Muhummad or Bob Ross. I love freedom and Islamic ideology doesn't. This clash between our beliefs was inevitable and we will not bend. They will or they'll quickly become a dwindling minority.
Considering how horribly Sharia is towards women and homosexuals you'd think we'd have a lot more allies than we do against this ideological rot. Hopefully many will see this for what it was...an attack on our very first amendment and the very core of what we as a nation embrace, FREEDOM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
What is truly frightening to me is the number of elites at the very least suggesting that we should curb our free speech rights so as not to offend others. They behave as if the Hebdo cartoonists should be reviled and their free speech rights restricted, and those at the Garland conference as well. And that means we ALL would lose our right to speak freely.

And anyone who wants can twist and stretch my words in such a way that supports their contention that I am hateful or offensive. Those terms are so vague.

And as I've said, speech that does not offend needs no protection.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Yeah, that's what they were doing. You know , that is one of the most absurd and warped lines of thinking I've heard posited by some on this issue. They say, well what do you expect when you insult their religion. Well, my religion is insulted all the time and yet I do not put on body armor and look to assassinate innocent people. They do. Like I said, we have free speech and if they can't or won't accept that reality with passive non-violent responses then they need to A) get the hell or B) die. If you want to bend you words and actions and allow for Sharia then there are plenty of options for you. I'm not about to give into their backwards, insane, 7th century goat raping barbarism. I will defend myself, my family's, and my fellow citizens right to be free. If they want religion or no religion. Pork or no pork. Gay or straight. Black or white. Wild or square. Artists who paint Muhummad or Bob Ross. I love freedom and Islamic ideology doesn't. This clash between our beliefs was inevitable and we will not bend. They will or they'll quickly become a dwindling minority.
Considering how horribly Sharia is towards women and homosexuals you'd think we'd have a lot more allies than we do against this ideological rot. Hopefully many will see this for what it was...an attack on our very first amendment and the very core of what we as a nation embrace, FREEDOM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The problem as I see it is that many folks don't want to get involved until it directly affects them. Oftentimes by the time it affects them it's much too late for others.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well just remember - Muslims have a right to build a mosque at Ground Zero and nobody should protest or say a word BUT........this Mohammed thing was somehow inappropriate.

I'm sorry, but it sounds like the same issue to me. Even if it is offensive - SO WHAT? Since when does "I'm offended" constitute the right to commit murder?

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Cuda, I'm glad you came away unscathed. I'm grateful that thee is a little good press for the cops.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.