Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson Throw Their Hats in the Ring

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
she is a former ceo of hewlett packard
So what? Is that all? And she's running for POTUS?? Really?
No name recognition, no real qualifications = No chance.

Let her run for a governorship of some state, win that election, then a reelection. Then she can at least have some type of record to run on. But running for POTUS at this stage with no real experience to speak of is way too much, way too early. Jmho

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA

Let her run for a governorship of some state, win that election, then a reelection. Then she can at least have some type of record to run on. But running for POTUS at this stage with no real experience to speak of is way too much, way too early. Jmho
You have to go all the way back to Ike when someone who never held an elected office before became POTUS.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

iirc, she made rumblings about running for something in cali (maybe governor or senator) and she didn't fare too well. her track record is not very strong

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
iirc, she made rumblings about running for something in cali (maybe governor or senator) and she didn't fare too well. her track record is not very strong
If you went to a restaurant and ordered a hamburger, and it came to you either burnt to a crisp or totally raw, would you then ask for them to bring you a Porterhouse steak?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
She did not have the most illustrious tenure at HP, either. Although she was rewarded nicely for her failure there.
On Carly Fiorina I agree. I was never impressed with her as head of HP, and I haven't really had any opportunity to change my mind. I can't understand why she would think running on her time there is going to get her elected any more than her last run for office.

Ben Carson on the other hand seems to be an interesting choice that deserves some looking into.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Gee, except for "name recognition," you just described the frontrunner. A one-term senator whose entire name recognition is based upon her husband's achievements with no legislative record is "the most experienced" person running to hear the narrative.

Experience only matters if you were any good in the first place, however.

I think we ought to limit this office to prior governors but what the hey.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
or EQUALS a 2 term named President Barack Hussein Obama

You might want to check her out. She is eviscerating Hillary and the left on a daily basis. She's seemingly got a LOT more stones than many of the limp-wristed hacks in the GOP. Then again, that's a really low bar :)

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Well THAT didn't take long.

Also, it doesn't speak well of her attention to detail that she failed to register some fairly obvious domain names.
How about a frowny face for every dollar Obama has wasted?
Maybe jobs lost under his stewardship? It would take a while to copy and paste 1.7 million frownies. Then again, that would be quicker than 1 for each of the 100 million Americans not working.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Gee, except for "name recognition," you just described the frontrunner. A one-term senator whose entire name recognition is based upon her husband's achievements with no legislative record is "the most experienced" person running to hear the narrative.

Experience only matters if you were any good in the first place, however.

I think we ought to limit this office to prior governors but what the hey.
FWIW, Clinton was elected twice to the Senate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.