Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson Throw Their Hats in the Ring

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
The problem is - and God knows I hate to sound like Jesse "Everything Is A Conspiracy" Ventura but - whoever it is and whatever they say, the puppet elected as the head of his (or her) party will do what the power structure tells them to. Obama was all conciliatory and kind until the moment the skunk got elected with a huge congressional majority. Thankfully, he realized his mandate was to make sure gay marriage passed and health care passed (and then got delayed).

That's why I just don't hold much hope forever. We are a fading world power and can thank both the parties for it.
Agreed. We are also on the precupice of our currency being replaced on the world market with China'a yen. They will call all of our IOU's due and payable and when that happens, it's all over. We won't be able to pay up and the Chinese will walk in and take over. This country is in real trouble. The warnings have been sounding for years, We've read those warnings right here, posted by numerous TF members.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
So the lineup for the "Clown Rodeo" so far is: Paul, Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Carson, and Huckabee. Clowns who will probably join the rodeo but yet unannounced: Walker, Christie, Bush and Perry. This is sad even for a clown rodeo. All looking to gain some name recognition so after the Dems get re-elected in 2016 they will all have access to high paid speaking engagements, be on TV talk shows and have a ready market for the books they have yet to write. Isn't America a great country?

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
So the lineup for the "Clown Rodeo" so far is: Paul, Cruz, Rubio, Fiorina, Carson, and Huckabee. Clowns who will probably join the rodeo but yet unannounced: Walker, Christie, Bush and Perry. This is sad even for a clown rodeo. All looking to gain some name recognition so after the Dems get re-elected in 2016 they will all have access to high paid speaking engagements, be on TV talk shows and have a ready market for the books they have yet to write. Isn't America a great country?
Gray,

I can relate to your sentiments but I really think Hillary has too much baggage to get in so we'll have to see if the Cons can get their act together this year to at least not lose this one.

I can tell you if they nominate a far right candidate, they will fail again.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
This is quickly shaping up to be an entertaining primary season.:biggrin: Before it is all over I think that a few here will suffer this fate:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Gray,

I can relate to your sentiments but I really think Hillary has too much baggage to get in so we'll have to see if the Cons can get their act together this year to at least not lose this one.

I can tell you if they nominate a far right candidate, they will fail again.
I agree Baz, a far right winger will once again doom the Republican Party. I guess my problem is that none of these yahoos are a formidable candidate on their own, but having so many candidates, IMO, only serves to further splinter the party, wasting valuable resources needed to defeat Hilary. I also agree that Clinton brings a lot of negative baggage, but so did her husband and we know how that played out. I wish I had any faith that the American electorate saw things the way we on here do, but I don't hold out any hope.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The last time a far right candidate lost the Presidential election? Try 1964.

Romney carried the so-called middle independents and STILL lost.

Anyone else wanna try?

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Would you prefer me to say she quit as Secretary of State due to poor health (fainting, blood clots)? Or that she quit because of Benghazi?
What does THIS comment even mean? I really don't care what you want to blame her quitting the Secretary of State job on. That's not what you were responding to. Bamaro pointed out that she was twice elected to the senate. To which you responded, "That's right and she quit." I pointed out that your comment made no sense. She's not even close to being the first person to leave an elected office when they were offered a cabinet position.

I don't know if you lost track of the debate or if you're just trying to redirect and confuse the discussion. But, your apparent blind hatred for certain people (Nate Silver says hi) seems to get the better of you sometimes and push you into untenable comments or diatribes. JMHO...

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
A conservative candidate will not win the White House in the foreseeable future. Of course thats just my opinion. It appears that on national stage we are approaching the ole yellow dog democrat stage. No matter if candidate is the baggage lugging Hillary Clinton, she will win the Presidency with a 51% to 52% "sweeping mandate" of the people. If it begins to look like that won't happen, you will see a third party candidate emerge conveniently that will espouse some down home common sense, and siphon off votes that would have went for the "conservative" Republican candidate assuring that the Democrats will be in for four more years.....

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
P
A conservative candidate will not win the White House in the foreseeable future. Of course thats just my opinion. It appears that on national stage we are approaching the ole yellow dog democrat stage. No matter if candidate is the baggage lugging Hillary Clinton, she will win the Presidency with a 51% to 52% "sweeping mandate" of the people. If it begins to look like that won't happen, you will see a third party candidate emerge conveniently that will espouse some down home common sense, and siphon off votes that would have went for the "conservative" Republican candidate assuring that the Democrats will be in for four more years.....
The more I see from the Clinton camp, the more certain I am that she can't win. She is going to get rolled.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Do you remember the last time a far right Republican won the Presidency?
One who was to the right BEFORE or AFTER the election?

This is where the so-called labels cause problems. Ronald Reagan did NOT govern California in anything resembling an "extreme" manner. We can argue the "why" (mostly the Democrats controlling the legislature for good portions of his tenure - don't recall the specifics as he was really governor before my time) but Reagan was by no means an extremist governor. Ford successfully painted him as one in the 1976 NH primary when Reagan proposed $90 billion in savings that would have caused NH to have to raise taxes (that's the one state up there you just don't do that) and it probably cost Reagan the nomination.

But you see I've been told for years about the President Reagan who cut taxes on the rich and raised them on the poor and ran up a huge budget deficit and nearly destroyed the country with his venture into right-wing fanaticism. Now - all these years later - I'm being told by the same ideologues (no reflection on seebell here) about the courageous Reagan who raised taxes unlike the modern Republicans and blah blah blah. In point of fact, Reagan's actual governance was NOT extreme - but he was regarded as the most ideological President since Hoover (at the time of his election) by no less than political centrist writer Teddy White. It is anachronistic to go back now and say Reagan was NOT viewed as extreme when he was elected. Indeed, the fear at the time was that his big talk was going to cause WW3.

If we're going to use that standard then even Goldwater cannot be considered an extremist. In fact, Barry even jokingly told Bob Dole that they were "the new liberals of the Republican Party."

If you use the standard of the time, Goldwater WAS an extremist. In 1976, Carter was actually viewed as more conservative on most issues than Ford was. In both 1980 and 1984, it was left vs right and Reagan won. Same with 1988 but to a lesser degree. In 1992, both candidates were seen as centrist (and Clinton DID run as a centrist - name me any Democrat seeking the Presidency in that six election run that proposed revamping welfare, advocated the death penalty, and proposed CUTTING taxes on the middle class) but only one was to blame for the election.

So seebell - at the risk of sounding like Clinton here (the definition of "far right") - if you go by perception at the time, Reagan certainly qualified. If you go by actual governance then it was probably Hoover. Fact is that both parties label the other and yet in almost every case they nominate candidates of the center.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I've tried to word this well, but I can't. So, I'll just say it.

If the GOP puts out a candidate who is known for his socially conservative values, they're done. The nation is trending away from that. The problem is, though, that they need a somewhat charismatic candidate. I hesitate to say it, but I think Romney would probably win the 2016 election if he were to run.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN
I wouldn't count her out. Remember that Slick Willy got elected in spite of sexual abuse allegations.
But Slick Willy was slick. Hillary's just slimy. Seriously, she has 1/10 of the charisma Billy had. Bill could walk into a room of Westboro Baptists and Jihadists and walk out with all of them saying, "What a cool guy!"

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I've tried to word this well, but I can't. So, I'll just say it.

If the GOP puts out a candidate who is known for his socially conservative values, they're done. The nation is trending away from that. The problem is, though, that they need a somewhat charismatic candidate. I hesitate to say it, but I think Romney would probably win the 2016 election if he were to run.
Well said and that is what I have been saying in every post. I honestly do not believe any regular poster on here believes that Hillary has any moral compass and everything she has done in her public life is tainted by her total disregard for our country and its citizens. She is incapable of empathy and cannot be embarrassed by anything she and her husband are doing or have done in the past. Having said all of that if you want to believe she cannot be elected, fine, but do any of those who have announced their candidacy have a snow ball's chance in hell? I hope I am dead wrong and she is defeated but without an electable candidate the Dems will control the WH for at least another four years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.