Link: Top-10 NFL Draft Picks on Alabama's Current Roster

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Has a punter ever been drafted in the first round? If Scott has 2 more seasons like last year, he might be.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The only one on that list that has first ten potential in my opinion is Robinson.
Top ten is tough guys.
The list isn't of the players that can go in the top 10 of the 2016 draft. It's of the top 10 players on the roster most likely to get drafted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Then that's a pretty vague thread title.
It's the title of the article, which has the line "Bama, BamaOnLine ranks the top-10 future draft picks on Alabama's current roster:"

Besides, Cam is going to be a sophomore. He isn't even eligible for the 2016 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The candidates who could slide into 1st round could be Reed, Allen and Drake. Like i said before, All in All, we could see
8 or more players drafted in total for 2016: That's deep.
I think 8 is a conservative number. I'm thinking double digits for 2016 if several of the underclassmen declare.

Back to the mock draft, this guy has 5 Golden Domers in the 1st round which I find a little hard to believe. If this is the case we may see them in the play-off this year.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
I have a sincere question...Are we recruiting 3-year players to go to the NFL, or players to win championships at Alabama? Or the better question may be...Are players coming to Alabama with the primary goal to get to the next level, or to win championships?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I have a sincere question...Are we recruiting 3-year players to go to the NFL, or players to win championships at Alabama? Or the better question may be...Are players coming to Alabama with the primary goal to get to the next level, or to win championships?
I think the primary focus of most players is to become the best football player they can be with the goal and hopes of making it to the league. Their are obviously kids on the team who want to bring home championships, AJ would be a fantastic example. But For any of these high caliber athletes, I'm sure they dream to play for the NFL, and the coaches sell that dream during recruiting.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think Robison and Ragland are the best bets for 1st round potential out of the bunch. The whole idea of this player is a first rounder is a gamble. It really depends on which team needs who at that particular time. Collins is a prime and recent example. Alot of people thought he was a for sure 1st rounder, and was a travesty that he slipped to the 2nd round. Looking at the draft board, and draft history amongst teams, it more or less looked like he was more of a dark horse 1st round pick. Some here thought that the Colts or Steelers would pick him, but if you look closer its always been the Colts agenda to surround their star qb with another weapon, and its always been the Steelers's agenda to get someone closer to home. Jarvis Jones, Decastro,Timmons, and Pouncey are exceptions, but since 04 they have selected 4 players from Ohio and the rest from either Northern or driving distance states. The Steelers main focus are Oline because Ben has one of the worst Olines on a consistant basis in the NFL, or they go for a LB in an attempt to rebuild the Steel Curtain. It doesnt make sense from the Alabama fanbase, but none of us are the Gms,Coaches, or the owners of NFL teams. I firmly beleive that had Collins stayed another year he would be a 1st rounder, but it wasnt so. So from afar it is easy to pass judgement, and it is also worth noting that FSU just broke Miami's record for most players drafted in a three year span so you really cant judge who will be drafted or let alone where based on what draft "experts' and what one or two scouts say. It is a gamble on what a team's needs and agenda is on that particular draft class.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yes and no. Alot of the selling points from our coaches is to develop them into NFL players, and we have modeled our facilities to create that type of enviroment. For example, most SEC teams use their band alot to pump up the crowd where we use alot of the PA system to do it like NFL teams. LSU fans consistantly complain when coming to T-town, shocker right, about how we engineer crowd noise by stadium music rather than have our band do it like they do. Is it a bad thing... I dont think so because prior to them doing so the crowd wasnt nearly as energized as they are now. The enviroment and the program has clearly changed at Alabama since CNS has come in more ways than the players. Game Changer is the best word that describes even if Finebaum was one of the first to use it.

Now some players we get it has been their lifelong dream to come to Alabama or play for a coach like CNS. Some players want the oppurtunity to play in the pros, but put the championship aspect or the aspect of playing at Bama first.

So I think its a little bit of both

37bamagreats55

All-American
Apr 1, 2003
Gardendale, AL
I'd say the one player on our current roster with the highest draft-potential is Cam Robinson. That kid could be the first pick off the board when his time comes in 2017. Clearly, as previous posters have mentioned, a lot of this has to do with the particular team's needs that fall in that spot, but Cam is a spectacular talent with the highest ceiling.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.