2016 HJUCO OT Garret Bolles

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I expect a commitment to Bama after he visits. What about his Mormon mission?
I don't see where he says he is Mormon. You don't have to be a Mormon to go to BYU but I believe you have to be highly recommended if not and they do have a very strict honor code.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I expect a commitment to Bama after he visits. What about his Mormon mission?
That was one of my questions. In the article he mentions prayer, and it makes sense you don't have to be a Mormon to attend BYU. My next question is what does this say about the tackle postion that we are recruiting another JUCO player at that position?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That was one of my questions. In the article he mentions prayer, and it makes sense you don't have to be a Mormon to attend BYU. My next question is what does this say about the tackle postion that we are recruiting another JUCO player at that position?
Says we want to have a solid replacement for Cam in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Says we want to have a solid replacement for Cam in 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right now in my opinion it also says we take as many top drawer O linemen that are interested and willing to come play for us as is possible. Personally, I won`t argue with that philosophy. Game in, game out, year in, year out, I think there`s ample evidence that games are won and lost on the lines of scrimmage, as a general rule.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
I think it means that the staff feel this guy can come in and contribute. More competition and depth at the tackle position is a good thing to have. I hope he chooses the good guys.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
We can never have enough quality offensive lineman and specifically tackles. If you look at our roster currently it isn't hard to see that we don't have an overabundane of tackles. We have Cam and Dom and then it is pretty sketchy from there. You have Greene who has bounced all over and then Cotton is probably the other option and he will be a true freshman. We have a ton of inside guys but we need to rack up tackles.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
We could use another tackle TODAY, so yes we could use someone who could physically step in in 2016 at RT or 2017 at LT.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
I don't see where he says he is Mormon. You don't have to be a Mormon to go to BYU but I believe you have to be highly recommended if not and they do have a very strict honor code.
I am not sure but I read another article awhile back that talked about a Mormon mission and when he would take his......I cant find the article now, so maybe he is not Mormon, but I did read it.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
We could use another tackle TODAY, so yes we could use someone who could physically step in in 2016 at RT or 2017 at LT.
Yep. Cotton may get a bit of trial by fire when he gets on campus this year, especially if Hill can't come back. We need at least one JUCO OT in our '16 class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.