NCAA Approves 3 New Bowl Games

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
My Dad always talks about how you used to feel a sense of pride when your team went to a bowl game. Having said that, I actually would like to see a new bowl game created that matches the SEC against the Pac-12. I've never understood why we don't have one already. Perhaps one day...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
That makes 42 bowls....unbelievable.

The worst part is the names of some of these bowls.

These 3 new ones are called: The Cure Bowl, The Austin Bowl, and The Arizona Bowl.

Really guys........those are the best names you could come up with?

:rolleyes:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
There was a Bitcoin Bowl of some sort last year...

I might bash some smaller programs (that don't belong in the FBS) a lot, but it's not like I want most bowl games or most FBS teams gone. It's just that given how most athletic departments and FBS programs actually lose money, I'm not buying the idea that there actually should be over 100 FBS programs and over 30 bowl games.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Complaining that there are too many football games on TV is like complaining that there is too much beer in your refrigerator.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Oh, so now we're going to play bowl games IN JULY?

Because this doesn't even make sense otherwise. There's already too many of them with teams I've never heard of and don't watch.

And believe it or not, I don't ever miss college football in July. Besides, a DVR of Alabama-Notre Dame would be about as predictable to watch in July and far more fun.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Yep! What else is there to watch on a wednesday night in December?
Usually your choices are:

1) The 98th airing of the Griswold Christmas movie
2) It's a Wonderful Life
3) Brian's Song, the updated one that nobody likes
4) The Grinch
5) Home Alone 6: This Time It's Personal
6) Rudolph
7) The Grinch

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.