News Article: Tom Brady likely knew of 'inappropriate activities,' Deflategate report says

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
"Companies" are generally responsible to some extent for the work related actions of their "employees", whether they were aware of the actions or not.
The Falcons were caught pumping crowd noise in during the opposing team huddles and was docked one 5th round draft pick (in 2016!) and fined $350k. No, this is all about Goodell and his power. He lost it when Brady/Patriots told his high priced investigator to go pound sand.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
There sure are a lot of Brady/cheating apologists here.:eek:
He got what he deserved. Others will now think twice about this and other forms of cheating. Will it end cheating - no. Will it reduce it - yes.
Nobody here is saying it's ok to cheat. To me it's just part of the game much like a pitcher doctoring a baseball. I'm not a Patriot fan or a Brady fan but fair is fair. Has Tom Brady ever done anything remotely close to what a Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson has? NO.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
The problem is that the NFL had a rule but they didn't have a policy on what to do when the rule was broken. They should have resolved it during the game when it was discovered. I think they should allow a team to use a time out to challenge the condition of the ball and if it is found to be out of tolerance, then the guilty team has to forfeit possession at the line of scrimmage at the start of the play. Basically it would be a turnover and the successful chalange would not cost a timeout.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
This meme is stupid on multiple levels....

1) Ray Lewis was NOT a murderer

2) Floyd Mayweather is irrelevant in a football discussion

3) It is a comparison between a guy breaking rules DURING A GAME and being punished for THAT versus guys who have done different things OFF THE FIELD (and correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Rice lose his job?)

And finally - if you want to make that argument, should I point out that Aaron Hernandez played for the Patriots?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Nobody here is saying it's ok to cheat. To me it's just part of the game much like a pitcher doctoring a baseball. I'm not a Patriot fan or a Brady fan but fair is fair. Has Tom Brady ever done anything remotely close to what a Ray Rice or Adrian Peterson has? NO.
And when you get CAUGHT cheating what happens?

Look, I'm not even a Patriots fan (what little NFL I watch, I'm a Falcons fan, Lord help me), but this is ridiculous. Tom Brady may not have done anything close to Rice or Peterson but so what? Why does anyone even think that is relevant? If that's the argument then what is the point? Rice got tossed out of the league and Peterson missed nearly an ENTIRE SEASON.

Now if the point is that Brady shouldn't have been suspended for FOUR games then I actually agree, two ought to be enough maybe even one. But let's quit bringing irrelevancies in here as if there's an equivalence.

Lying goes on every day and isn't illegal - unless you do it under oath and then you can get jail time even if you lie about sex. Gossip isn't against the law, either - but a shrink who does it can lose his or her license.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Brady and the Patriots really committed two heavy sins. They hurt the product and they went against the status quo. True or not, a lot of folks feel the Pats are cheaters which is bad for the league. While I know his punishment was a lot worse, this reminds me of Pete Rose. He hurt the product so they destroyed him. It dawned on me today that it was very similar to what I see with brokers. Those guys can do a lot of crap as long as they don't hurt the product or company. Yes the punishments are worse than for other things because the powers that be view it as a threat to their pockets.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
http://www.realclearsports.com/blog/2015/05/nfl_jumps_shark_with_brady_suspension.html#.VVNY5XA8KrV

Too bad Al Davis left us four years ago. He would've enjoyed the front-row seat for this: A war between the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots and NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

For decades, Al and his renegade Raiders were the resident villains for the Park Avenue office, no matter who was in charge, be it Pete Rozelle or Paul Tagliabue. But the ensuing battle between Goodell and Robert Kraft, the Patriots owner and a leading don in the NFL family, will render Davis' past skirmishes with the league seem like mere playground spats.

The issue at hand is
the unfathomably harsh penalty the NFL has just imposed on the Patriots: A four-game suspension for reigning Super Bowl MVP Tom Brady, a $1 million fine for the franchise and the loss of a first-round pick in 2016 and a fourth-round pick in 2017.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I don't know why this is lost on almost everyone so enamored with this trumped up scandal.
Its not trumped up. Would you want your daughter going out with a guy that more probably than not beat up his last girlfriend? Its just legalese for we 're pretty sure he did it but have no indisputable proof.
The punishment was stronger than I thought but at least it gives some wiggle room on appeal.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Its not trumped up. Would you want your daughter going out with a guy that more probably than not beat up his last girlfriend? Its just legalese for we 're pretty sure he did it but have no indisputable proof.
The punishment was stronger than I thought but at least it gives some wiggle room on appeal.
LOL, how absurd. We're talking about footballs being deflated by an insignificant amount that had absolutely no impact on the result of the game. Not beating up a woman.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.