News Article: Tom Brady likely knew of 'inappropriate activities,' Deflategate report says

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
However anyone feels about the original 4 game suspension, it's probably a moot point now. Brady has compounded the situation now by destroying his phone (aka coverup). At this point he should just shut up and take the punishment. There is not much to gain, if anything, for him to continue on this path.
Brady has more to gain and nothing to lose. The punishment can only be four games max. I guess the only thing he can lose is if the suspension is later in the year due to an injunction

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Brady has more to gain and nothing to lose. The punishment can only be four games max. I guess the only thing he can lose is if the suspension is later in the year due to an injunction
He'll come off looking like a whiner. He got caught cheating and should just take his punishment.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
He'll come off looking like a whiner. He got caught cheating and should just take his punishment.
What's new about that? Brady has always been viewed as the unstoppable villian and Peyton as the peoples champ hero. And why should Brady care about that perception?He has 4 sb rings, a supermodel wife that makes more than him, and a career that 99% of his peers and haters can only dream of.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's a union. What else do you expect it to do?:rolleye2:
My point - you've got the players' union fighting for him. The PA reps on teams are talking about fighting it to the end. They don't want that type of punishment used on them whenever the time might come.

Agent: Tom Brady offered to provide NFL with AT&T phone records

Tom Brady’s agent, Don Yee, has added context to the NFL’s determination that the New England Patriots quarterback destroyed his cell phone during Ted Wells’ investigation.

“I will give them credit for completely shifting the focus from PSI, and they have invented a new shiny object for everybody to look at and be distracted by,” Yee said Wednesday in an interview with CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora. “Notice how we’re not even talking about psi anymore. The league essentially admits this through this decision and its media leaks – the PSI issue is dead and their science is junk.”

Yee shared that Brady offered to provide the league with records from AT&T that would have tracked where every call and text message went – something that could have brought them closer to his communication with implicated Patriots staffers Jim McNally and John Jastremski.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
My point - you've got the players' union fighting for him. The PA reps on teams are talking about fighting it to the end. They don't want that type of punishment used on them whenever the time might come.

Agent: Tom Brady offered to provide NFL with AT&T phone records

If that is true and the NFL has no desire to view those records the Brady should release them to someone who could confirm his story. Would to a lot to restore his image...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
They are literally making a federal case out of deflated balls. Now I am hoping that Brady gets caught perjuring himself and gets some jail time. Gisele will need some comforting while he is away.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I hope Goodell loses his job after this.
Goodell should've lost his job after going after James Harrison on a weekly basis for hitting people too hard. Then there is also the bounty story with the saints that blew up in his face, or perhaps the whole part of the ray rice story, and Adrian Peterson. Then you also have the issues that didn't involve discipline like the lockout and not paying referees. Goodell should've lost his job a long time ago, but I think if this is overturned in federal court then I think Brady and Kraft should sue goodell and the nfl to put an end to his incompetence once and for all.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Maybe Brady isn't afraid of answering questions under oath.
In light of his cell phone destruction, we already know he's afraid of answering questions NOT under oath.

Furthermore.......there's a reason Gazillionaire Bob Kraft threw in the towel so early. I'm suspecting it's because even they're not convinced Brady is innocent.

I don't hate Brady at all like some folks do. So much of this has let the partisan edge of a lot of fans arise in both directions. Pats fans continue their delusional persecution complex ("It's NAWT fay-uh, they-uh HATE-uhs!") and fans of other teams who have lost get carried away in the other direction.

Incidentally, we're getting some double talk if y'all are listening. We went from, "We will fully cooperate with the investigation" back in February to Brady saying, "my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances." While folks can argue over legalities (and I'm no lawyer so I sit down at that point), the fact remains that the NFL is not the only one here allegedly saying one thing for public consumption and doing something else. There's a lot of points that could be made against the NFL here - but the problem is that if you look at it BOTH ways, the same could be said about Brady.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
In light of his cell phone destruction, we already know he's afraid of answering questions NOT under oath.

Furthermore.......there's a reason Gazillionaire Bob Kraft threw in the towel so early. I'm suspecting it's because even they're not convinced Brady is innocent.

I don't hate Brady at all like some folks do. So much of this has let the partisan edge of a lot of fans arise in both directions. Pats fans continue their delusional persecution complex ("It's NAWT fay-uh, they-uh HATE-uhs!") and fans of other teams who have lost get carried away in the other direction.

Incidentally, we're getting some double talk if y'all are listening. We went from, "We will fully cooperate with the investigation" back in February to Brady saying, "my attorneys made it clear to the NFL that my actual phone device would not be subjected to investigation under ANY circumstances." While folks can argue over legalities (and I'm no lawyer so I sit down at that point), the fact remains that the NFL is not the only one here allegedly saying one thing for public consumption and doing something else. There's a lot of points that could be made against the NFL here - but the problem is that if you look at it BOTH ways, the same could be said about Brady.
The question hasn't been "did Brady cheat" since March, it has been "can the nfl prove it?" The common belief was kraft accepted the punishment in hope that goodell would do Brady a favor in reducing the punishment. Now it goes to court in which hasn't been good for roger in the recent past

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Patriots Publish Emails To NFL Asking To Correct False Deflategate Reports

The New England Patriots’ attempts to convince the NFL to correct false reports before the Wells Report’s release fell on deaf ears.

How do we know?

They published the emails to prove it. The Patriots updated “The Wells Report In Context” with an email chain between vice president of media relations Stacey James, team counsel Robyn Glaser, NFL spokesman Greg Aiello and league counsel Jeff Pash, who was overseeing the Wells Report.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The question hasn't been "did Brady cheat" since March, it has been "can the nfl prove it?" The common belief was kraft accepted the punishment in hope that goodell would do Brady a favor in reducing the punishment. Now it goes to court in which hasn't been good for roger in the recent past
What we're finding is "it is more probable than not" that the NFL can't "prove it conclusively."

I'm beginning to think what Goodell should have done was say, "It's kind of complicated trying to prove anything here so what we will do is HENCEFORTH we will have a system in place to ensure no ball tampering can occur."

That would have been far better than what has happened so far. Let's be blunt: Brady could have been throwing aspirin tablets and they'd have beaten the Colts.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
What we're finding is "it is more probable than not" that the NFL can't "prove it conclusively."

I'm beginning to think what Goodell should have done was say, "It's kind of complicated trying to prove anything here so what we will do is HENCEFORTH we will have a system in place to ensure no ball tampering can occur."

That would have been far better than what has happened so far. Let's be blunt: Brady could have been throwing aspirin tablets and they'd have beaten the Colts.
I wonder how many times they cheated before that helping them to get there?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.