News Article: Tom Brady likely knew of 'inappropriate activities,' Deflategate report says

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Remember, the court case was not over Brady knowing or not. It was over the NFL's handling of the appeal process.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Makes Goodell look like the horse's rear end he is.
I am not sure that Goodell didn't get exactly what he wanted. His good buddy Bob Kraft gets his golden boy QB back for the full season and Goodell can tell the other owners that he tried to do what they wanted an punish the Pats but the courts ruled against him outside of his controls. Granted, if he tells the other owners that line, he may finally lose his job if the other owners want to look past all the money that fills their pockets. It is true that the owners in the NFL hate Kraft badly..... take that for what it's worth.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I am not sure that Goodell didn't get exactly what he wanted. His good buddy Bob Kraft gets his golden boy QB back for the full season and Goodell can tell the other owners that he tried to do what they wanted an punish the Pats but the courts ruled against him outside of his controls. Granted, if he tells the other owners that line, he may finally lose his job if the other owners want to look past all the money that fills their pockets. It is true that the owners in the NFL hate Kraft badly..... take that for what it's worth.
yep the owners seem to be the only people on the planet that like Goodell.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Possibly. A judge has overruled him in the Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Tom Brady cases. Greg Hardy was on the verge of going to court on his suspension before an arbitrator reduced his suspension from 10 games to 4.

His enforcement continues to take a hit.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
Possibly. A judge has overruled him in the Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, and Tom Brady cases. Greg Hardy was on the verge of going to court on his suspension before an arbitrator reduced his suspension from 10 games to 4.

His enforcement continues to take a hit.
Actually Hardy got 15 games last year and 4 this year. 19 games is pretty significant. Granted, it's not 25 games but it is a lot.

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL
He got 4 games this year after the arbitrator reduced the 10 game suspension. Link
That is what I said. Most people believe that Hardy only got 4 games this year but they forget that he got 15 games last year. The arbitrator did reduce this year's suspension from 10 to 4 games thus giving Hardy a total of 19 games (and not the league mandated 25 games) dating back to last year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That is what I said. Most people believe that Hardy only got 4 games this year but they forget that he got 15 games last year. The arbitrator did reduce this year's suspension from 10 to 4 games thus giving Hardy a total of 19 games (and not the league mandated 25 games) dating back to last year.
The point I was trying to make when I originally brought it up - it's another suspension by Roger Goodell that was reduced or completely nullified. He continues to try to "bring the hammer" but gets overruled by an independent person.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
to paraphrase OJ's lawyer" If the judge cant prove anybody that Goodell says is a liar, then Goodell must be fired"

0 for 5 in real courts but 100% in kangaroo courts.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Is Kraft still out the 1 million fine ?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Not mad, just disappointed. FWIW, the judge probably ruled correctly in this case. However, Brady did wrong and should have just accepted his punishment.
Jay Barker said he and some of the best qbs didn't always play with properly inflated footballs, and Aaron Rodgers openly admits not to. But if Brady does it the narrative suddenly changes. Why? The reason is people hate winners and people that are the haves. I assure you if Peyton Manning had 4 sbs, a supermodel wife, and was less about being on papa johns commercials people would hate him just as much as many people do Brady. You cant argue that Goodell is making a case that should've ended in at most a 2 game suspension and a fine into a platform to try to shove it in the NFLPA's face for making him look bad in the previous 4 cases. Brady won because Goodell wanted to prove a controversial point and the judge saw differently. Goodell should've settled like Brady was willing to do, but his ego wouldn't let him so we are left with this....

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Jay Barker said he and some of the best qbs didn't always play with properly inflated footballs, and Aaron Rodgers openly admits not to. But if Brady does it the narrative suddenly changes. Why? The reason is people hate winners and people that are the haves. I assure you if Peyton Manning had 4 sbs, a supermodel wife, and was less about being on papa johns commercials people would hate him just as much as many people do Brady. You cant argue that Goodell is making a case that should've ended in at most a 2 game suspension and a fine into a platform to try to shove it in the NFLPA's face for making him look bad in the previous 4 cases. Brady won because Goodell wanted to prove a controversial point and the judge saw differently. Goodell should've settled like Brady was willing to do, but his ego wouldn't let him so we are left with this....
This is not about hating winners, its about winning fairly. Before this incident I had no opinion one way or the other about Brady. Now if we were talking about Vick that would be a different matter.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.