News Article: Tuscaloosa County High QB Seth Franks to Walk-On at Alabama

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Link

Tuscaloosa County quarterback Seth Franks has accepted an invitation to join Alabama as a preferred walk-on, his coach, Lee Gibson, confirmed Wednesday night.

Ranked by Rivals as a two-star prospect, the 6-foot-1, 170-pound Franks threw for a little more than 2,000 yards last season with 20 touchdown passes and just four interceptions, Gibson said.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Kid looks to have a pretty decent arm and super quick release. If we continue to have transfers this kid might get a look in the future! Thanks for posting.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
I like his quick release and accuracy, but I'm sure some folks who fancy themselves as QB gurus will criticize him because his release is kinda side-armish, but a lot of folks used to criticize Phillip Rivers too.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

How Alabama QB Seth Franks Fought Bad Recruiting Luck to Walk on at Dream School

Alabama’s quarterback group is adding a new face this summer, but it’s not who you might think. It won’t be Everett Golson, Braxton Miller, or any other big-name recruit.

Instead, it’s a 6’1” kid from just across the river in Northport, Alabama, who suffered some bad luck during his college recruitment but ended up at his dream school anyway.

Seth Franks, who grew up in Tuscaloosa county and played high school football just 10 miles from Bryant-Denny Stadium, will join the team as one of a small handful of preferred walk-ons—players who aren’t on scholarship but that the coaching staff still goes out of their way to put on the team.

Roll Tide 57

1st Team
Oct 20, 2014
Plant City FL
These kids from Tuscaloosa seem to be a huge surprise when the get an opportunity. Vinny is a great example, no size, no speed, but just a real baller when he got on the field & used special teams to get noticed.

BoscoOFD

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 28, 2010
Orange City, Fl
Bosco. you still racing?

How many Grandkids you got now?
Tommy, good to hear from you, give me a call sometime..I'll PM the no.

Took the last year off, while building a new racer (tube frame 1969 Vette for SCCA) Will be back by the end of the year...probably at Daytona at a Historic Sportscar racing event.

Daughter Lindsay will be giving me my third grand kid in about one month. Youngest daughter (Lacey) still in D.C., an attorney for the D.C. District Court of Appeals.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.