2016 QB Jawon Pass (Commits to Louisville)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
247 Profile

From BOL (free, too):

Just talked to Keith Niebuhr who is at Columbus, Ga/Carver's spring practice.

Alabama DC Kirby Smith is at practice watching Alabama's top QB target Jawon Pass and DB target Javontay Smith, a North Carolina commit who holds a Crimson Tide offer.

Alabama is using its second evaluation stop at Carver of the spring as OC Lane Kiffin was in two weeks ago.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Re: 2016 QB Jawon Pass

I think he will end up at UL with his brother and get Haskins from Maryland. I think thats the way it will end up.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

You hearing anything else on Haskins Jam?
I would say without visiting yet it would be Rutgers or Maryland, but stranger things have happened. This is purely my opinion but Pass seems to be saying that he likes us and will be on campus in June. One of his teammates decommitted from UL this week. Ill try to dig around and find out some info in the next few days. I had heard that with our recent successes on Qb recruits could hurt us with Haskins though.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Dual threat QB Barrett is set to announce on 6/3. The CB has him 83% to the Barn.
The best case scenario for all parties involved is for Pass to come here. He needs a lot of work ,but has tremendous upside and physical traits. He wouldn't be rushed onto the field , but I still think UL will pull him for now. He is expected to visit BAMA & UNC in June and make a choice soon after.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

That's what I thought. There are some premium articles up on Pass and the teaser part said he would decide soon. You hearing anything on Pass Jam?
I'm hearing that we are looking better and better for Pass. UL doesn't seem to be our competition as much as UNC (who is mom favors) ,but with us not having a Qb it seems like we have a much better chance. UL took a QB recently and Pass is going to commit before the Opening in July. Also 5 star WR from a few years ago Texas Griffin is visiting Sunday. If everything goes well he will enroll at bama or not go home. He is 6'7" and 210 a few years ago. A&M fans are upset because they thought he was a lock. We have extra spots so it wont hurt our current class. I think we sign 26 to 28 this year as well. Yulee is looking like he will commit at the beginning of June as of now. Jones F/S from Texas seems like Saban's Safety for this class right now. He did this with Brown & Shepard from Texas the last few years. Carter is the #1 Corner on our board and is the reason we are being so picky with who we take and offer at Corner. D.Brown from Georgia is backing off of UGA a little. I think we could get him and Gray. This class has some special things happening right now. It seems like Saban planned this and want to go back to evaluating prospects more before taking commits. We all know if he does that then its A) low percentage of misses & B) We don't have to tell a lot of Big Fish no at the end of the year. Allen is going to be on Campus for camp.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I'm hearing that we are looking better and better for Pass. UL doesn't seem to be our competition as much as UNC (who is mom favors) ,but with us not having a Qb it seems like we have a much better chance. UL took a QB recently and Pass is going to commit before the Opening in July. Also 5 star WR from a few years ago Texas Griffin is visiting Sunday. If everything goes well he will enroll at bama or not go home. He is 6'7" and 210 a few years ago. A&M fans are upset because they thought he was a lock. We have extra spots so it wont hurt our current class. I think we sign 26 to 28 this year as well. Yulee is looking like he will commit at the beginning of June as of now. Jones F/S from Texas seems like Saban's Safety for this class right now. He did this with Brown & Shepard from Texas the last few years. Carter is the #1 Corner on our board and is the reason we are being so picky with who we take and offer at Corner. D.Brown from Georgia is backing off of UGA a little. I think we could get him and Gray. This class has some special things happening right now. It seems like Saban planned this and want to go back to evaluating prospects more before taking commits. We all know if he does that then its A) low percentage of misses & B) We don't have to tell a lot of Big Fish no at the end of the year. Allen is going to be on Campus for camp.
Great update, Jam! :)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Also 5 star WR from a few years ago Texas Griffin is visiting Sunday. If everything goes well he will enroll at bama or not go home. He is 6'7" and 210 a few years ago. A&M fans are upset because they thought he was a lock. We have extra spots so it wont hurt our current class.
The same Derrick Griffin that just tweeted:

Been thinking I'm Going To Just Stay in My HomeTown At Texas Southern University They Got Me Qualified And Went Through The Fire With Me.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Thanks for the update. Hoping we get Pass. We have been hearing we are being a lot more picky this year and not taking as many early commits. This can work against you sometimes but I think we are at a point where we can do this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.