Coaches...hypothetically, of course...

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I figure Buck Showalter will be available. He always seems to wear out his welcome wherever he goes, and he is from this area.

rtr

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

Bama Baseball 1

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2007
Duncanville, AL
Would love to see Heefner, and Dave Magadan as our hitting coach!

If you are going to dream, dream big! They are going to be forced to do something. They are spending all this money on the facilities, and even though they had said they would send out season ticket information for 2016 in March, I have not seen it yet. I do know ticket prices will likely go up. I talked to a LSU fan who said he loved their new stadium, but his ticket prices doubled when it was built. Can you imagine paying double to watch the way we have been playing?

HELENKELLERMRI

1st Team
Apr 19, 2008
The Shoals
Would love to see Heefner, and Dave Magadan as our hitting coach!

If you are going to dream, dream big! They are going to be forced to do something. They are spending all this money on the facilities, and even though they had said they would send out season ticket information for 2016 in March, I have not seen it yet. I do know ticket prices will likely go up. I talked to a LSU fan who said he loved their new stadium, but his ticket prices doubled when it was built. Can you imagine paying double to watch the way we have been playing?
It'll be like the Braves in the 80's. Empty stadium. I'm not paying more for nicer seats and a poor product. Supply and demand. If nobody wants the product how can you up the price on it?

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I said this on another site: if the staff returns I will not buy season tickets for next year. If we have a new staff, I will. It's tha simple.

rtr

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I figure Buck Showalter will be available. He always seems to wear out his welcome wherever he goes, and he is from this area.

rtr
He does wear out his welcome, that part is true. Buddies who have been in MLB say he has no friends in MLB. For some reason, he has that reputation.

I did not like him as stRangers manager. Got the impression he was not the kind of guy you wanted behind you.

So, while he will probably be available soon, no way I would want him here. Besides, there will always be a MLB team that hasn't had a turn at him.

As for Mags..................kinda surprised he survived last season, as stRangers hitting coach. His seat is a bit warm, again. But, he will find another MLB job, if he loses the one he has.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.