Here, Have a Nightmare

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Camera trick. The snake is probably a third of the size it appears to be in that photo.

That stick with which he's holding up the snake outs probably for or five feet long, playing the snake much closer to the camera making it look much bigger than it really is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
http://www.truthorfiction.com/stjohn-rattlesnake/

This tale is fiction. A public information officer with the St. Johns County Sheriff’s department told TruthOrFiction.com that there was an incident involving a large Eastern diamondback rattlesnake in July 2009 but the snake was 7’3″ in length.
The photos, taken by an unidentified civilian, were an unintentional trick of camera perspective. The captured snake was closer to the photographer than the law enforcement officer shown in the background. This made the venomous reptile appear larger than life.
Eastern diamondback rattlesnakes in the wild have been known to grow up to 8′ in length.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
http://www.truthorfiction.com/stjohn-rattlesnake/

This tale is fiction. A public information officer with the St. Johns County Sheriff’s department told TruthOrFiction.com that there was an incident involving a large Eastern diamondback rattlesnake in July 2009 but the snake was 7’3″ in length.
The photos, taken by an unidentified civilian, were an unintentional trick of camera perspective. The captured snake was closer to the photographer than the law enforcement officer shown in the background. This made the venomous reptile appear larger than life.
Eastern diamondback rattlesnakes in the wild have been known to grow up to 8′ in length.
Dude, you're harshing my buzz.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
I am not scared of snakes but a 8 foot rattlesnake would get a lot of respect from me. Just think of the striking distance of a snake this length.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I don't care how they shot that pic, that's still a very big snake, probably over 6 feet . I can count 13 rattles on him.
My granddaddy kept a small jug on the coffee table...it was filled with the rattles of the rattlesnakes that he killed. Even though I have no love of snakes, I loved fishing out a rattle or two and shaking them when I was a kid.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Camera trick. The snake is probably a third of the size it appears to be in that photo.

That stick with which he's holding up the snake outs probably for or five feet long, playing the snake much closer to the camera making it look much bigger than it really is.
Probably true to an extent, but at the same time, that rattle has 13 or 14 segments, so I have no trouble whatsoever believing that's a 6+ foot snake.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.