Winston strikes back with a counter suit

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12851043/jameis-winston-tampa-bay-buccaneers-files-countersuit-accuser
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/bucs-qb-jameis-winston-files-counterclaim-against-erica-kinsman/2228980

Can't say I didn't see it coming

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
i really havent followed this subject closely. But other than the claim of the female, is there any proof that Winston did this?
That's the point. He is counter suing her for defamation that cost him endorsements without proof that he committed the act that he is alleged of

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That's the point. He is counter suing her for defamation that cost him endorsements without proof that he committed the act that he is alleged of
I'm no lawyer but I'd suspect winning such a case is damned near impossible. How are you gonna prove SHE cost you the endorsements when you did OTHER things as well?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Let's make sure we're aware of the facts.

She reported the rape before she even knew his name, and before he'd actually played a football game at Florida State. So, the pretense of her going after him in an attempt to gain something is ridiculous, she actually went back to the police (who were still twiddling their thumbs) and said she saw him in one of her classes later on and wrote down his name. I'd assume the police knew who he was before she did...

This utterly destroys any attempt to say she accused him of rape because of who he was, and it even puts a pretty big dent in the idea that it was consensual because she didn't even know his name. Then, just in case you're left with the idea that well she just made the whole thing up, well his fluids were on her and just in case you get the idea that she voluntarily went along with it there's two other fact that just hang in the air.

A: Shortly after the incident she went and reported the rape. She didn't wait weeks or even days. She went to the police and said what happened.
B: During the interview bruises appeared on her. During, not before or after.

We have to believe she had consensual sex, that left her bruised and unhappy with a guy who she didn't know and then accused him of rape immediately afterwards to try to take advantage of his fame he didn't have yet. So, you can have what ever idea you want to have of "proof" but common sense certainly leans towards believing her allegations.

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Any course of action that results in Winston being under oath will likely not end well for him.
I'd also go after his roommates. Did they destroy evidence on their phones? Seems like I read something about that. Why would anyone destroy evidence? Get those guys on the witness stand, if that's true, and hammer away.

Hopefully, the TRUTH, whatever that is, will be revealed.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
If Winston is who I suspect he is, there is nothing anyone can do to stop him from doing something to destroy his career in Tampa Bay. He is the same sociopath as he was a year ago except now he is bolstered by perceiving himself to be truly untouchable and he is wealthy. I predict the next "boyish" mistake he makes will make everything else look like boyish mistakes.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

She reported the rape before she even knew his name, and before he'd actually played a football game at Florida State. So, the pretense of her going after him in an attempt to gain something is ridiculous, she actually went back to the police (who were still twiddling their thumbs) and said she saw him in one of her classes later on and wrote down his name. I'd assume the police knew who he was before she did...

This utterly destroys any attempt to say she accused him of rape because of who he was, and it even puts a pretty big dent in the idea that it was consensual because she didn't even know his name. Then, just in case you're left with the idea that well she just made the whole thing up, well his fluids were on her and just in case you get the idea that she voluntarily went along with it there's two other fact that just hang in the air.

A: Shortly after the incident she went and reported the rape. She didn't wait weeks or even days. She went to the police and said what happened.

We have to believe she had consensual sex, that left her bruised and unhappy with a guy who she didn't know and then accused him of rape immediately afterwards to try to take advantage of his fame he didn't have yet. So, you can have what ever idea you want to have of "proof" but common sense certainly leans towards believing her allegations.
I never said I believe Winston's side, but without anything sticking in court there is nothing she can do. Do I think her story is more true than his??? Yes I do, but it's not what we know it's what we can prove. Obviously the state of Florida said there is nothing credible so there is nothing to go on.

As far as this counter suit it is a response to her civil suit against him and the label of him being a rapist since the third quarter of the 2013 season to this day.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Obviously the state of Florida said there is nothing credible so there is nothing to go on.
Well, then of course you have the cover-up to deal with. Now, the cover-up itself doesn't mean he was guilty, but it did all but insure the case couldn't be handled properly. It also does raise a lot of questions... a lot.

From what I understand she was discouraged from pursuing this once the cops knew who he was (which of course should have had no bearing at all). Even repeated attempts on her part to get them to take action fell on deaf ears until the media was made aware of this story. They didn't even bring Winston in for questioning! They didn't even test him to see if it was his DNA, they did nothing at all a proper police department would have done.

We also know that information was leaked to Winston and his roommates. Now, just dwell on that part. If there was nothing to it, there wouldn't have even been a need to tip them off, but they were tipped off! They were made aware prior to any questioning, which goes against the cardinal rule of police investigation. Just that one aspect in and of itself raises massive questions about police conduct in the case and Winston's guilt.

There is no question, no question at all that the police impeded this case and didn't want it to go further. Despite that, there was still tangible proof that something was amiss. A woman came in and she'd just been raped. The rape was almost immediately reported. She didn't know who her attacker was, she had bruises on her. No need to go any further, how often are false accusations made against people the alleged victim couldn't even identify? What would the point of that even be?

Now, the only real weak point of the entire case from what I've read, aside from the police sabotaging it deliberately, would come from two things.

A: It appears she had sex with her boyfriend that day. I know, slut! Sluts can't be raped right?
B: She seems to have some sort of issues with her memory. I still can't figure out how that makes it not rape either. If a woman is incapacitated in anyway, be it drunk, high, or just having suffered a blow to the head, it actually makes it harder for her to legally consent, not easier. So if anything it seems to strengthen the case that she was raped. Failure to explain how or why this occurred is irrelevant, she was aware enough (if she wasn't aware then it would have had to have been rape) though to know she was raped.

This was an intentionally botched investigation that wasn't even an investigation until the media found out about this. I've read a lot of reports, I've absorbed the information, and I haven't seen a single thing, one tiny little piece of evidence that exonerates Winston. However, I've seen just piles of things that point towards it being rape.

And as to the no proof thing... what do some people want? For it to be in video? Oh wait! It was recorded, but since they were tipped off they were able to delete it (unrecoverable... of course...)! I mean you make sure to delete all recordings of consensual sex before the cops can see it right? The fact is if that video showed a woman having obviously consensual sex, the lawyer never would have let them delete it.

Last edited:

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Any course of action that results in Winston being under oath will likely not end well for him.
To me, this is the biggest point. Someone is actually advising him that it would be a good idea to re-open all the facts in this case, and have him try to keep the story straight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Anyone who has read the report released by the DA knows that there was plenty of evidence to go to trial. Football protected him. If it was any of us, we'd be behind bars right now. Those who continue to deny this are just FSU/Winston fanboys.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Heartily agree! This matter was thoroughly mishandled by the cops who did not use established protocols for alleged rape cases, the "witnesses" were not interviewed separately and actually were prepared jointly by Winston's attorney before giving their statements to the police, and FSU were shameful in their treatment of this young woman. I've said previously in other threads that no woman wants to go through a rape case because all the defense does is allege the accuser is a slut at the least and bordering on prostitute at the worse. She deserves every penny and more she can gain from that sorry sack of stuff that is Winston. Any award she gets is peanuts to him and the civil case decision is based on the preponderance of the evidence, which is a far lower level to reach than a criminal case.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
thats not proof of rape
That is about as good as evidence gets, other than videotape with the victim screaming, "No, stop!" Victims blood usually comes from tearing of the vaginal wall, implying lack of consent. His DNA in her skivvies proves he was there. That DNA sample was taken before we even know his name.

Plus, as others have said, the circumstances mitigate against the claim in this countersuit that she was gold-digging. She went to the authorities immediately afterwards, had the evidence taken, filed the complaint before the dude had ever taken a snap in a game at FSU (no gold-digging being done, because there was no gold yet top be dug), she pointed the dude out later in a subsequent class.

Her case seems pretty open and shut to me. If he was just another FSU student, not a football player, he'd be serving time by now. The Bucs drafted a heaping helping of trouble with that guy. Hope they enjoy the antics that follow.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.