Lacy Update

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
As many of you know, in February, I adopted "Lacy", a Black Lab from the animal shelter.
Nearly three month's later I'm glad to say, I am so glad I did.
She is an incredibly smart absolute sweetheart of a dog.
She is a "people person" and just loves being around you.,
Her favorite activity? Riding in my truck. Loves it.
She now weighs about 60 pounds, which is about 15 pounds heavier than when I got her.
Is she a true Lab? Oh hell yeah.
I'll send Crimson Audio a recent pic to upload. You'll know without a doubt.
She is also the fastest dog I've ever seen that wasn't running in a Greyhound Park..lol. I should have named her "Gump".
I told my wife tonight, "I can't imagine her not being with us". She agreed wholeheartedly, as Lacy has become her good bud, as well.
I figured you guys might wonder how it was going. Now you know!
Thanks!
Sip

Last edited by a moderator:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hey Sip.....thanks a bunch......I really appreciate and enjoyed reading your Lacy update (although when I first read the thread title I was thinking this was about the "other" Lacy! ;)

Dogs are man's best friend. They really are.

Please give her a belly rub from me and my girls!

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
This is great. Thanks for sharing your success. It's nice to finish the day with a smile. I hope you all live happily ever after ....at least for a real long time.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
rescue dogs are the best.:cool:
Totally agree with this, my dog rescued me a few years ago and now I can't stand being away from him. I won him in the divorce, and he wasn't even our dog just hers.[/QUOTE]

*LIKE*

Good for him, BFIC! :)

That's an awesome pic, Sip! She's so pretty!!! Big hands too...woot!

Thanks for the pic upload, CA.

Woof!

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Thanks for sharing.....my best buddy is a black lab named Oscar. He's 14 years old now, and been with me since he was 8 weeks old. The ole boy is starting to show his age, and I'm not looking forward to the end. But I don't want to end this on a downer....Oscar is a blessing to me and the family. He is definitely a rascal, though. I can tell him to lie down, put a piece of steak in front of him, tell him to "Stay", and he won't dare get the steak until I tell him he can. But if I turn my back on a sandwich half-eaten, he will snarf it up faster than I can yell Stop.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Lacy is a beauty. Of the 16 'kids' that we have had in almost 40 years, 3 were Black Labs or Lab mixes--Katherine (Katy Fish), Eddy, and Molly...almost all 16 were rescues. No Labs here right now, but number 17 hasn't shown up yet, so you never know...
It's awesome that you've done that. What an awesome thing you and your family has done, and are doing. I am so impressed, and I mean that so sincerely.
sip

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.