Just looking at the schedules:

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Auburn - we are one game behind them and own the tie-breaker. They play AT UF.

State - doesn't matter. We will go to Hoover before they do.

Georgia - they host Arkansas and if they lose one we will go to Hoover if we can win one game this weekend.

UTK - they play AT State, and if they lose one we will go to Hoover.

We are also one game behind USCe, who hosts LSU this weekend. I have no clue what the tie-breaker situation is with them.

Odds are good we are going to Hoover, so I think we are playing for more than that right now. Our RPI is #47 today after winning against Mercer. Our SoS is at #5. If we win this series against Vandy I would imagine we'd have a great chance to flip positions with the Aubs into the mid-30's and that would give us a great shot at a regional. This is a huge series for Alabama.

rtr

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
On the flip side, going to. Hoover and doing well in a regional may save Gaspard's job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Can't help that. I root for the kids, the team. Not the staff. Coach Battle should be able to see by now that a change needs to be made. If he doesn't I don't know what else it'd take.

rtr

LukeBentley

Scout Team
May 31, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
www.comcast.net
Alabama will lose the tie breaker to South Carolina if we tie with them. Since Alabama did not play SC, the tie breaker goes to seeding from 1 to 12. LSU will most likely be the 1 seed and if LSU wins all 3 games and we beat Vandy 1 game, we have this crazy tie breaker. LSU would be a wash since both schools (SC and AL went 0-3). South Carolina will win tie breaker vs. Vanderbilt series. (South Carolina will be 2-1) (Alabama will be 1-2)

Alabama could finish as high as 8th seed but most likely will be a 11 seed and play at 9:30 am in opening game of SEC Tournament. We also can be a 9,10,11,12 seed.

LukeBentley

Scout Team
May 31, 2000
Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
www.comcast.net
Alabama will lose the tie breaker to South Carolina if we tie with them. Since Alabama did not play SC, the tie breaker goes to seeding from 1 to 12. LSU will most likely be the 1 seed and if LSU wins all 3 games and we beat Vandy 1 game, we have this crazy tie breaker. LSU would be a wash since both schools (SC and AL went 0-3). South Carolina will win tie breaker vs. Vanderbilt series. (South Carolina will be 2-1) (Alabama will be 1-2)

Alabama could finish as high as 8th seed but most likely will be a 11 seed and play at 9:30 am in opening game of SEC Tournament. We also can be a 9,10,11,12 seed.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It is going to suck for someone to miss the tournament by half a game because of a rainout. But if you can't finish higher than 13th in a 14 team league you don't deserve to go. I think they should cap it at ten teams at the most.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
It is going to suck for someone to miss the tournament by half a game because of a rainout. But if you can't finish higher than 13th in a 14 team league you don't deserve to go. I think they should cap it at ten teams at the most.

I can't think of any bracket worse than a 10 team bracket. If you can't divide the total number of teams by 4 and come up with a whole number, you may as well not even draw up the bracket.

When the NCAA expanded the basketball tournament from 32 teams, they went to 40 (four 10 team regionals). Big mistake that lasted one year. Went to 48 teams the next year.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Have the bottom four play a single elimination first round to go into an eight team bracket. Not that hard.

Somehow the SEC survived for years with a ten team league and tournament in basketball and baseball.

baseballfanatic

1st Team
Oct 30, 2008
Have the bottom four play a single elimination first round to go into an eight team bracket. Not that hard.

Somehow the SEC survived for years with a ten team league and tournament in basketball and baseball.
The baseball tournament was only 10 teams for a year, maybe 2 at the most. Other than that it's been the top 8 teams.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.