18 Ga Tech
19 Wisconsin
20 Tex A&M
21 Miss St
22 Tennessee

23 UCLA
24 Stanford
25 Boise

Tennessee’s dismantling of Iowa in last year’s TaxSlayer Bowl guaranteed that excitement in Knoxville would reach a fever pitch by this season’s opener. With the suddenly high expectations for the Vols comes pressure for Butch Jones for the first time in his Tennessee career.[/B]

http://athlonsports.com/college-football/top-25

Last edited by a moderator:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Im going to say we are 3,4, or 7. Most likely 7. Auburn has been the media darling for the most part with the exception of Phil Steele.

bigjue24

Suspended
Dec 2, 2009
Okeechobee, FL
I would say anywhere in the 5-10 range for Bama would be good. I would like to not be in the top two or three to start the season. I wouldn't mind the team feeling a little disrespected. Reestablish a little bit of that hunter with a chip on their shoulder mentality the 08, 09, and '11 teams had. They were angry young men.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
10? What 9 other teams would you have ahead of us?
I will say tOSU,TCU,Auburn, and Baylor are probably definitily ahead of us if they favor Auburn over us. There probably will be another media darling somewhere. Possibly UGA and Ole Miss. People arent buying Bama.

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
The biggest question for Bama is not having a proving quarterback. If we had a experience quarterback coming back I can't see us any lower then third. Second at the highest. I agree with BamainBoston thinking around sixth place.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Phil Steele is usually more right than any of these other "experts"
if it wasnt for me growing up with Athlon I would probably only buy Phil. Phil has a more indepth analysis on college football, and I enjoy it more. But its really hard not to stop collecting Athlon, and I do occasionally like Lindy's, so I buy all three.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
if it wasnt for me growing up with Athlon I would probably only buy Phil. Phil has a more indepth analysis on college football, and I enjoy it more. But its really hard not to stop collecting Athlon, and I do occasionally like Lindy's, so I buy all three.
The problem I have with Phil is it looks like the Shopper, poorly laid out and tiny print. Very amateurish and hard for me to read ~ of course I am old too. But if massive data is what you want then he is your guy. I usually buy the first one on the magazine rack.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I am guessing both auburn and UGA are ranked ahead of us. Others ahead of us: tOSU, TCU and USCw. So 6 or 7 is about right.

Last edited:

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I have my old collection of Athlon. My favorite part of the mag. was Honey Watching on a Saturday Afternoon. The top 10 was great. We didnt have ESPN or the internet so print media was the way to keep up with what was going on.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The problem I have with Phil is it looks like the Shopper, poorly laid out and tiny print. Very amateurish and hard for me to read ~ of course I am old too. But if massive data is what you want then he is your guy. I usually buy the first one on the magazine rack.
Phil Steele is that way because he uses pretty much everything that is and has been important for the last 5 years for about 120+ teams as well as giving us his prediction. It is a magazine mostly for preseason betters and people who like early very detailed analysis. It could very easily be a 600 page book if they change the font.

FWIW here is a less detailed of what he thinks
http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/APR15/DBApr27.html

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Phil Steele is that way because he uses pretty much everything that is and has been important for the last 5 years for about 120+ teams as well as giving us his prediction. It is a magazine mostly for preseason betters and people who like early very detailed analysis. It could very easily be a 600 page book if they change the font.

FWIW here is a less detailed of what he thinks
http://www.philsteele.com/Blogs/2015/APR15/DBApr27.html
No, that is what he thinks the AP thinks.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I saw a mock draft and the Domers had 5 players in the 1st round for 2016. They have some talent but not sure they have enough depth to be a national contender.
With this schedule I see them with atleast 3 losses. IMO

Saturday
Sep. 5
Texas Longhorns
Notre Dame Stadium, South Bend, IN
7:30 p.m. ET
NBC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 12
at Virginia Cavaliers
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA
3:30 p.m. ET
ABC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 19
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
NBC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 26
UMass Minutemen
NBC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 3
at Clemson Tigers
Memorial Stadium, Clemson, SC
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 10
Navy Midshipmen
NBC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 17
USC Trojans
NBC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 24
---Open Date------
Saturday
Oct. 31
at Temple Owls
Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia, PA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 7
at Pittsburgh Panthers
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
TBABuy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 14
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
NBC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21
Boston College Eagles (Shamrock Series)
Fenway Park, Boston, MA
NBC
Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28
at Stanford Cardinal
Stanford Stadium, Stanford, CA
TBA

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.