UALR graduate transfer forward James White set for Alabama official visit

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Link

Alabama head coach Avery Johnson recently indicated that he wanted to add a big man for next year's team, and Arkansas-Little Rock graduate transfer James White could fill that role.

White, a 6-foot-7, 220-pound forward originally from Jonesboro, Ga., is making an official visit to Alabama on Wednesday and Thursday. He has an Alabama offer and has been in a lot of contact with assistant coach Bob Simon.

As a graduate transfer, White will be eligible immediately with one year left.

"Just looking forward to seeing the campus life, meeting with coaches and seeing how can I contribute to the University of Alabama," White said. "Coaches are just now in the evaluation stage. If the opportunity presents itself, I want to bring in veteran leadership and help develop a winning culture."

White averaged 11.9 points, 6.6 rebounds, 1.7 blocks and 0.9 assists in 15 games as a redshirt junior last season for UALR before missing the rest of the year due to a stress fracture in his tibia.

White's finalists are Georgia, Georgia Tech, Boston College, Alabama and Oklahoma State. He has visited Boston College, and said he is visiting Georgia Tech after his Alabama visit.

"I want to decide it over with my family more than anything," White said. "It's my last year for college basketball. I want to go somewhere where I can get into the (NCAA) Tournament."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.