4-star shooting guard Kobie Eubanks set for Alabama official visit

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Link

One of the nation's top uncommitted prospects in the class of 2015 will make an official visit to Alabama later this month.

Kobie Eubanks, a 6-foot-5, 212-pound wing guard from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., will make his trip from May 19-21. His coach at Elev8 Sports Institute, Chad Myers, confirmed the news to AL.com. According to Evan Daniels of Scout, he is also trying to set up a visit to West Virginia. Eubanks' Alabama visit will come right after his visit to Kansas, Myers said.

"I think he has interest because he feels like he would have a chance to step in and hopefully contribute right away," Myers said.

Alabama is thin at the 2-guard spot, though it has three point guards and a several players who would be listed as small forwards.

Eubanks is rated as the No. 89 overall prospect in the 247Sports composite rankings.

Eubanks was originally committed to Baylor but backed off that pledge last November. His younger brother Nick Eubanks is a high-profile tight end recruit in the 2016 class and has an Alabama offer.

Alabama has two or three scholarships left for the 2015-16 season, depending if Avery Johnson Jr., a transfer from Texas A&M and head coach Avery Johnson's son, will be a walk-on or not. Alabama has not confirmed his signing, but AL.com reported on the transfer last week.

Alabama hosted 2015 small forward Dikembe Dixson from West Virginia last weekend and is in the mix for James White, a power forward who is a graduate transfer from UALR.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Bama is out of it for Dixson. It appears Bama, Arky, and Miss State all decided to stop recruiting Dixson. I really like Eubanks. It appears he and his brother, a 2016 4 star TE, would like to go to college together. From a basketball standpoint we need to worry about Kansas. I like our chances.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bama is out of it for Dixson. It appears Bama, Arky, and Miss State all decided to stop recruiting Dixson. I really like Eubanks. It appears he and his brother, a 2016 4 star TE, would like to go to college together. From a basketball standpoint we need to worry about Kansas. I like our chances.
Bama offered his younger brother today. We'll see how that affects Eubanks' decision.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Already recruiting him. He's a 247 Composite 4* TE, so he's one of the best at the position.
So you're saying Coach Johnson is doing this as a favor for Coach Saban?:biggrin:

This is one of the most interesting recruiting situations. Bama football is often times an attraction to basketball recruits just for the excitement and pull of the national championship caliber program but this is a whole new wrinkle. Both players stand on their own merit.

Last edited:

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I was really confident we'd get Eubanks. My confidence meter continues to decline as time passes. It seems as if he's waiting for anyone else to come into the picture.

cjhadley

1st Team
Jan 1, 2007
Brewton, Alabama, United States
Anyone heard anything?

I read on another site that he is waiting until the dead period ends to make a decision and to see if anyone else gets in on recruiting him. He did rate his visit with an 8 out of 10. I get the feeling that he is interested in Alabama, but he is hesitating about committing and is wanting to see if a bigger name school offers him. From some of the stuff that I have read Memphis, Ole Miss, Mississippi St, and Florida has shown interest in him.

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I have to believe grades are an issue for this to drag out this long. A quick google search does show that Kobie has had grade issues in the past so my guess is that is what is holding him up from signing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.