****2016 DT Kendell Jones Commits to the Tide****

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: ***2016 DT Kendell Jones Commits to the Tide***

He`ll obviously play a role similar to T. Cody (?).
When I saw his weight, I was expecting a pudgy looking guy even for his height...

He's surprisingly lean looking for 350-370 range. He has a ton of potential if he takes to the S&C program...if he isn't already a Hulk, he could be if he gets rid of whatever bad weight he does have on him.

Edit: Also, I don't know if a 34 defense NT is his position either at that that height...may still be growing a bit and clear 6'6'' or 6'7''. Obviously pure size and strength wise it seems like a like fit but if he's got any growth spurts left in him he could tower over Mt. Cody. Leverage is a big deal in that 0-tech setup and its gonna be harder for him to get into centers and guards if he's taller than most of them.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

He's leaner because he's considerably taller than Cody and his body composition probably leans more to muscle. I have no idea if he's stronger than Cody, but he's just a different build entirely for that weight range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

He's leaner because he's considerably taller than Cody and his body composition probably leans more to muscle. I have no idea if he's stronger than Cody, but he's just a different build entirely for that weight range.

Cody is 6'4" so he is not considerably taller but I do agree they have a total different build.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008

Saw Jones at the aTm game from about 30 feet away. My appraisal is that he carries his weight very well for a man his size. He doesn't really have a gut, but is very wide side to side and front to back. Just a large guy who'll probably become a wrecking ball with the right S&C.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Brendan Scales a 6"4 240 TE and Kendell Jones..

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Brendan Scales a 6"4 240 TE and Kendell Jones..

Never thought we'd actually have a Mt Cody 2.0..He's as big as Mt Cody & looks to be in actually better shape though..If that makes any sense..Dadgum..I nominate Kendall to be the 1st off the bus at away games during his entire career at Bama ..

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Never thought we'd actually have a Mt Cody 2.0..He's as big as Mt Cody & looks to be in actually better shape though..If that makes any sense..Dadgum..I nominate Kendall to be the 1st off the bus at away games during his entire career at Bama ..
I'm sure the bus seconds your nomination

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Kendall has huge potential but I saw him play in the UAAA game and IMO he needs to lose some weight so he can be quicker and faster which I'm sure he will with the 4th Quarter Program. He is strong but needs to taper down for the style offenses being run nowadays.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012

Kendall has huge potential but I saw him play in the UAAA game and IMO he needs to lose some weight so he can be quicker and faster which I'm sure he will with the 4th Quarter Program. He is strong but needs to taper down for the style offenses being run nowadays.
True. But he'll be an immovable object vs the pro style teams we face - LSU, Arkansas, etc

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

No joke CA! Looks like he doesn't have a whole lot of bad weight. It's amazing how good Cochran is.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Scales and Jones are both listed as 6' 4"; any ideas on the true (and current) size of these guys?
This lists Hulk at 6'5, 331 pounds.

m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2398975-365-lb-dt-kendell-hulk-jones-looking-to-become-worlds-biggest-psychologist

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.