****2016 DT Kendell Jones Commits to the Tide****

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
***2016 DT Kendell Jones Commits to the Tide***

So Raekwon (sp?) Davis is the only true defensive tackle we signed this class that made it on roster?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: ***2016 DT Kendell Jones Commits to the Tide***

Who is he? First I've seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the football board. Talked about it there.

So Raekwon (sp?) Davis is the only true defensive tackle we signed this class that made it on roster?
Yep. Quinnen Williams is a DT but will most likely play DE for Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

That smarts. I`m prejudiced of course, but I can`t fathom a quality D lineman not looking seriously at Alabama when/if he studies how we rotate guys. Almost like we have a platoon of "starters " that get plenty of time, even as underclassmen.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Hate that for the young man, the good thing is he can work his way to playing here in the future. Was just looking forward to the possibility of him playing here this season though.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Does anybody know if we will continue to recruit him throughout his JuCo time?

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama

Does anybody know if we will continue to recruit him throughout his JuCo time?
I suspect that depends on several factors such as on the field performance, academics, and whether or not he stays out of trouble. Given that he performs well, the staff will probably stay in touch unless we recruit someone that performs as well or better. It's a cold, hard world out there and if you miss your first shot at the brass ring you may not get another.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Has this ship sailed beyond the horizon? :cool2:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Has this ship sailed beyond the horizon? :cool2:

not sure, but I can't find any reference of him playing in JUCO in 2016. No names on a public roster or a mention of what JUCO he enrolled in anywhere. He was going to have to do 2 years so maybe the deal was a redshirt in the first year and play in 17, so he's got 3 years to play 2 once he's done at JC, but right now it's a bit of a dark hole as to his status...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

not sure, but I can't find any reference of him playing in JUCO in 2016. No names on a public roster or a mention of what JUCO he enrolled in anywhere. He was going to have to do 2 years so maybe the deal was a redshirt in the first year and play in 17, so he's got 3 years to play 2 once he's done at JC, but right now it's a bit of a dark hole as to his status...
Even if you look at this 247 profile, you don't see a JUCO. I looked a few weeks ago and couldn't find any sign of him going somewhere.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

So are we still recruiting him to come to Bama after he gets done at Juco? :conf2:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

This all sounds eerily similiar to Demerius Dareus, Marcell's twin brother. Signed with us and then literally fell off the face of the earth. When you google Marcell Dareus brother, "Pearson Woods" shows up, it's like Demerius never existed.

I'd love to hear more about Kendell if anyone can find info.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.