Kid gets accepted to all 8 Ivy League Schools, chooses Bama

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
At first I thought he made a poor choice until I saw that.
The article says that he did not want to incur a ton of debt (which an Ivy League BA/BS would entail), but wanted to save the money to pay for grad school.
At least he is thinking long term. Longer than most incoming freshmen, who are more concerned for where they are going to get their hands on some beer.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
The article says that he did not want to incur a ton of debt (which an Ivy League BA/BS would entail), but wanted to save the money to pay for grad school.
At least he is thinking long term. Longer than most incoming freshmen, who are more concerned for where they are going to get their hands on some beer.
He should be able to go anywhere when he gets finished at Alabama.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I didn't read anything in there about his measurables. What position is he competing for? Does he really think he has a shot as a walk-on? Doesn't he know this is a football school?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
I didn't read anything in there about his measurables. What position is he competing for? Does he really think he has a shot as a walk-on? Doesn't he know this is a football school?
I hear Braxton Miller is not to coming to UA when he found out this kid choose Bama.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
He should be able to go anywhere when he gets finished at Alabama.
Maybe, maybe not.
There is a distinct pecking order among universities and getting a 3.9 while at Alabama may not be enough to get into some places. Depends on the grad school he is applying to, what extra curriculars he does while in Tuscaloosa, and his GRE scores.
He strikes me, however, as the kind of young man who will be able to do whatever he wants to do.
Happy he's going to be an Alabama alum.
Bonus: the football is way better in Tuscaloosa than anywhere in the Ivies.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Among other things. :rolleye2:

knowledge

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 6, 2007
Madison
At first I thought he made a poor choice until I saw that.
ROTC scholarship used to be a viable option at some Ivy's (the ones that still have those programs after the social activism of the 60's, even "conservative" Ivy's are very liberal compared to U of A). Pretty good alternative to the academy route if one is considering a military career.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
ROTC scholarship used to be a viable option at some Ivy's (the ones that still have those programs after the social activism of the 60's, even "conservative" Ivy's are very liberal compared to U of A). Pretty good alternative to the academy route if one is considering a military career.
Harvard kicked ROTC off-campus and then refused to let them back on campus until "the Pentagon" repealed the ban on open homosexuals serving in the military (never mind that Congress writes the UCMJ, but whatever). I believe that those ROTC cadets seeking commissions could take ROTC at nearby schools, however.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.