Virtual Reality - Watching games from player's perspective

CrimsonblakeII

Scout Team
Feb 19, 2012
Seattle, WA
I was lucky enough yesterday to be Valve's first public beta tester for their new upcoming steam VR virtual reality headset with the hardware manufactured by HTC. The system is just unbelievable and will completely change the way we absorb content and play games in the future. My first thought while using it was how this could be used to watch sporting events. I asked if they've thought about mapping out entire stadiums and then allowing us to watch sports from the perspective of someone on the sideline or a QB with cameras in their helmets and they think this is just a few years away.

While the technology is completely amazing, there'd be a trade-off in the fact you'd be watching by yourself. My question to you guys, would you sacrifice being able to watch the games with friends and family if you could have the ultimate seat by viewing the game from anywhere in the stadium while at home?

mittman

All-American
Jun 19, 2009
Imagine watching a movie or an event and being able to turn your head when a noise in surround sound happens off of your current field of view. Then watching it again with different viewpoints on different scenes. Some people never leave their couches as it is.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I would have to see it first to pass my 2 cents. I mean the Wire cam was great when they first used it, but it seems that there are huge instances when the people in charge with the camera have gone from showing the more important parts of plays to showing insignificant parts. How many times have we seen Gary or whoever try to talk about a meaningless part of a play in action and we miss a significant part of the play because they either try to overshow a football technique or are trying to call something they deem illegal. Im sure that this view your talking about will be good , but I forsee more of what we are getting now in the long run. But thanks for sharing

Bama63

1st Team
Oct 25, 2000
Louisville, KY, Jefferson
<< there'd be a trade-off in the fact you'd be watching by yourself. My question to you guys, would you sacrifice being able to watch the games with friends and family if you could have the ultimate seat by viewing the game from anywhere in the stadium while at home? >>

I get in a room by myself and turn off the phone before the game starts, now!

RTR

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.