Link: Very interesting Foxsports take on the Longhorn Network...

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
I am in Okla. They are finally admitting that the greed of Texas & Okla. U. destroyed the SW Conference (lost Ark.) & the Big 12 ( lost Neb., Colo., Mo. & aTm). They both demanded & recieved larger cuts of conference revenue than the other schools, content with the idea that they were more important.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I read this a few days ago but wouldn't link it because of the author (UVB). Besides - I figured someone else would anyway and it looks like I was right.

When this whole thing was going on I was sitting there thinking to myself - "Why does anyone think this is going to be such hot stuff? Nobody is going to watch anything other than football and basketball, and you can only show so many old games as it is." I never could figure out what kind of advantage this was going to give UT. But they all were SURE of it (that's the Texas way) and I was just like......man, I must be missing something.

I am - just not LHN. :)

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I get the LHN channel included in U-300 on ATT cable,along with the SEC big 10 etc., and don't watch lhn at all, and practically none of the big. BTW it used to be be pay but for some reason I started getting it for nothing, which is what it's worth.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I am in Okla. They are finally admitting that the greed of Texas & Okla. U. destroyed the SW Conference (lost Ark.) & the Big 12 ( lost Neb., Colo., Mo. & aTm). They both demanded & recieved larger cuts of conference revenue than the other schools, content with the idea that they were more important.
Actually Arkansas left the old SWC, probably because of Texas, before the Big 8 merged with the SWC to form the Big XII in 1996. But it is safe to say Texas and Oklahoma greed ran off Colorado, Nebraska, Mizzou and TAMU.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
This may be a well written article, but I'm going to avoid clicking on his site. He is certainly no friend of Alabama. Clay Travis falls into the category of "flame thrower journalism" and really likes to stir things up when he can. I also don't like Fox Sports so I'll pass.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I read this a few days ago but wouldn't link it because of the author (UVB). Besides - I figured someone else would anyway and it looks like I was right.

When this whole thing was going on I was sitting there thinking to myself - "Why does anyone think this is going to be such hot stuff? Nobody is going to watch anything other than football and basketball, and you can only show so many old games as it is." I never could figure out what kind of advantage this was going to give UT. But they all were SURE of it (that's the Texas way) and I was just like......man, I must be missing something.

I am - just not LHN. :)
I held my nose and linked it - because he nailed it...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I get the LHN channel included in U-300 on ATT cable,along with the SEC big 10 etc., and don't watch lhn at all, and practically none of the big. BTW it used to be be pay but for some reason I started getting it for nothing, which is what it's worth.
I guess it could have started costing them money from people not willing to pay for it as part of a package. I still think that the first cable or satellite company which catches on and offers a real a la carte deal will mop up...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I guess it could have started costing them money from people not willing to pay for it as part of a package. I still think that the first cable or satellite company which catches on and offers a real a la carte deal will mop up...
I agree, but they would have to buy the rights to all of the games that they offered in this deal. Not sure what that would do to the economics in the beginning. It would pay off eventually, but could they cover their expenses while building market share?

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I'm loving that Texas arrogance helped boost the SEC and Alabama. We've gained three great schools, millions of viewers and eventually billions because of it. I especially like the fact the SEC rakes in more from the state of Texas than the Longhorns. Texas A&M may be the biggest winner of all and I'm sure their fans are giving the Sips plenty of grief.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.