Seattle Seahawks: Jesse Williams Diagnosed with Cancer & Will Undergo Kidney Surgery

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Seattle Seahawks: Jesse Williams Diagnosed with Cancer & Will Undergo Kidney Surgery

Click

JESSE WILLIAMS: “Although disappointing, I am a fighter and will handle this. I am going to focus on my health and fighting this battle with a return to football as my ultimate goal. Thank you for your thoughts and support. Go Hawks!"

EXECUTIVE VP/GM JOHN SCHNEIDER: “Jesse is an extraordinarily tough individual who has overcome a great deal in his life and we will support him in any way possible. He is in our thoughts and prayers.”

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Re: Seattle Seahawks: Jesse Williams Diagnosed with Cancer & Will Undergo Kidney Surg

:( Poor Jesse has had his share of problems since joining the NFL. The man from down under will be in my thoughts and prayers - happy to hear the Seahawks will be behind him as he fights on.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: Seattle Seahawks: Jesse Williams Diagnosed with Cancer & Will Undergo Kidney Surg

Wow man I really hate to hear this. I really pray that they can isolate it and remove it. He sounds like he has a good plan to fight it. Jesse, you're in my prayers brother.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

this guy just can't catch a break. hopefully this was found early and he makes a full recovery.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Fervent prayers going up for your complete recovery, Monsta!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

My dad lost a kidney due to cancer. Not sure what Jesse's is but my dad's was a tumor right in the middle of it. They said the safest course was to take it out thus leaving the tumor undisturbed. Hope and prayers for the big Aussie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

Wish the best for him. It would be great to see him be able to make a comeback even if very brief. With his work ethic I'm confident he will beat this challenge as well.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS

His health is the most important thing in his life. Far more important than football.
I amazed by this. So young. Prayers and best wishes from the bottom of my heart. Go Jess!

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama

Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Jesse Williams will undergo kidney surgery on Thursday after being diagnosed with cancer earlier this month. Seattle coach Pete Carroll revealed the date of Williams' surgery during his press conference on Tuesday on the first day of the Seahawks' OTAs.

Jesse Williams set for cancer surgery-al.com

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Jesse Williams trying to complete 'remarkable' comeback after cancer surgery

Defensive tackle Jesse Williams hasn't been able to practice with his Seattle Seahawks teammates so far during training camp because he's on the NFI list. Usually, NFI stands for non-football injury. But in Williams' case, it stands for non-football illness.

The former Alabama standout was diagnosed with papillary type 2 cancer in May and had a kidney removed later that month. For all of Williams' determination to return to the football field, no one knows if that will ever happen. But the Seahawks want him to have that chance.

"This is remarkable that Jesse's this close at this time," Seattle coach Pete Carroll told reporters. "He's got to get in football shape. He's missed two months of workout stuff, so he's got to get back in football shape. He'll have some more evaluations done here soon, but there is a chance that Jesse can make it back and play, and it will be just remarkable if that happens. He's busting his tail to get that done, and we're pulling for him every step of the way."

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

For all his questionable acts Carroll has had moments of compassion that make it hard to totally hate him. This is one such occasion.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Pulling hard for you Jesse and I hope to see you on the field later this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.