What is the average cost of an Alabama football ticket?

ALCrimsonTide

Sep 16, 2009
Crossville, AL
I have a question. What is the average cost of an Alabama football ticket?

Reason I am asking this my daughter has to answer this question on a homework assignment. I should know this, but I usually watch the games on TV (I haven't been to a game in years) so I really have no idea. Could someone help me out?

-Chris

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
From RollTide.com:

SINGLE GAME OPTIONSPRICEFIELD SUITES
Middle Tennessee State$55TBA
Ole Miss$85TBA
Louisiana – Monroe$55TBA
Arkansas$85TBA
Tennessee$90TBA
LSU$100TBA
Charleston Southern$50TBA

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
You forgot to add tide pride if you want to get tickets from the University. I am still on the waiting list. So thats the face value of the ticket. The price you pay is totally different number.

tide96

All-SEC
Oct 4, 2005
From RollTide.com:

SINGLE GAME OPTIONSPRICEFIELD SUITES
Middle Tennessee State$55TBA
Ole Miss$85TBA
Louisiana – Monroe$55TBA
Arkansas$85TBA
Tennessee$90TBA
LSU$100TBA
Charleston Southern$50TBA
These are the face value, but they do not include the donations you have to pay to get tickets at these prices.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Well....it is the end of the school year.
But even regardless of that. Average face value? Average on stubhub? Average you might pay to a scalper? Average for 2014 or 2015? Average Home price or average Home and Away price? Just seems like a weird question.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
But even regardless of that. Average face value? Average on stubhub? Average you might pay to a scalper? Average for 2014 or 2015? Average Home price or average Home and Away price? Just seems like a weird question.
Yeah I was trying to think of a class that would ask that question. Can't really think of a class that would be discussing it.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Depends on how you calculate the cost and the number of games.

For cost, you could use just face value of tickets. But to get season tickets, you have to go through Tide Pride.

You could use face value of tickets, plus Tide Pride. Then, it depends on the level of club you're in.

You could use the face value of tickets, plus the Tide Pride (however you might figure the club level), plus the amount of annual contribution to the Crimson Tide Foundation necessary to maintain your place in the pecking order for away games and post-season tickets.

Of you could use all that, plus the cost of away games and post-season tickets.

Then, it depends on how many you actually order and receive. And none of that counts the cost of travel to and from Tuscaloosa and all the accoutrements around that. Then there's travel to the away games, SECCG and bowl.

The real answer is lot more complicated than I think the question that teacher intended to ask is. So I'd revert to the average face of only home games, with a caveat for all that other stuff.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Who says the teachers haven't "checked out" early as well?

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Who says the teachers haven't "checked out" early as well?
Again, regardless of that. I'm not talking about it being weird because it involves Alabama football. The question itself is weird because it leaves out a ton of information. You can't come to an answer with so few details given up front.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Again, regardless of that. I'm not talking about it being weird because it involves Alabama football. The question itself is weird because it leaves out a ton of information. You can't come to an answer with so few details given up front.
That is exactly what I mean. My point is that the teacher probably didn't care whether it was a good question or not. Probably didn't care if he/she provided context for the question. The only way to answer the question as posed is how a previous poster started their post:

It depends.....

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I have a question. What is the average cost of an Alabama football ticket?

Reason I am asking this my daughter has to answer this question on a homework assignment. I should know this, but I usually watch the games on TV (I haven't been to a game in years) so I really have no idea. Could someone help me out?

-Chris
This is where you answer "not enough information."

To figure the average, you'd first need to know the price of all 101,000-plus seats.

And then divide by 101,000-whatever

I say that because they're different. For some reason, the closer you sit, the more it costs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I say that because they're different. For some reason, the closer you sit, the more it costs.
I never got the "closer to the action" statement. I have sat pretty much all over the place at BDS and have come to the conclusion that the experience is about the same all over. There really isnt a bad seat as long as you arent in the corner lower level. I actually prefer the higher seats because they are alot cheaper and you can see the action alot better. I think the student section is the only one that I think the closer to the action arguement really takes presidence because the student section is the loudest and most hostile area. I have never sat there because I was never a student so I really dont know and Im more going off trend on that one. I would say on average I pay 50-100 on smaller games if I want tickets before hand, and 10-30 if I go with scaplers. For SEC games if differs tremendously. I payed 230 and 330 for the 09 and 13 LSU games and payed 100 and 120 for the 12 and 14 iron bowls. I think i payed 110 for the 07 arkansas game and 170 for the 13 Tennessee game. So the average is really all over the place for 2nd hand sellers. I think it is more of what game you want to see, where you want to sit, and how important the game is to base an average.

For the SECCG I think you need to either take the average between 1992-2014, the Alabama vs Florida and UGA vs LSU series, or wait a few years to see how the value of a ticket drops due to the CFP to really come up with a fair number there. Because there are truly more affordable SECCG tickets because there are lesser teams (Mizzou and Arky) making a long travel and there are people holding out for the National championship and Playoff tickets. I was suckered into reserving a Mezzanine seat, which it was a terrific seat, for last years game a week earlier because the fear of UGA vs Bama game was going to happen and ended up paying for a seat that I couldve gotten 160 dollars cheaper when Mizzou beat Arky. It was a gamble but hey I got to see us win a SECCG. But the semi final and CGs will get a whole lot more affordable in the coming years for your everyday fans since you are going to possibly 3 big games instead of 2.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.