Sweet Home... Tennessee?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's a huge improvement over Dooley but I don't know if they're ever even going to win the East under him.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Somehow,to me, if someone played Rocky Top at a Bama practice, I'd hate to be in the path of Coach Saban or anyone on the coaching staff, finding out who the culprit was. And I'd darn sure hate to be, "The culprit"...lol.
Butch's intensity level, here, leaves a lot to be desired. He's a good coach though, I'll give him credit for that.
They're gonna keep getting better.
sip

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
Somehow,to me, if someone played Rocky Top at a Bama practice, I'd hate to be in the path of Coach Saban or anyone on the coaching staff, finding out who the culprit was. And I'd darn sure hate to be, "The culprit"...lol.
Butch's intensity level, here, leaves a lot to be desired. He's a good coach though, I'll give him credit for that.
sip
Maybe they will but I'm betting once CJM gets things going at Florida, Butch Jones will likely find himself in the same predicament that Fat Phil did with CSS in the 90's. Only difference is that he won't be facing a down Alabama like fat boy did in the 90's and early 00's.

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Jones inherited a mess. UT needs to give him at 6 recruiting classes to get it together. I like Dooley as a person but I think he was in over his head at an sec school. From what I can tell his biggest weakness was roster management. I don't follow Tennessee's recruiting closely but if I understand correctly he had one entire class that didn't include an offensive lineman. That being said I think this video was hilarious. You can't take everything so serious all the time. I thought it was was well done.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
sip
It's been done before by our own coaches and Saban might do the same if he felt like it helped.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Maybe they will but I'm betting once CJM gets things going at Florida, Butch Jones will likely find himself in the same predicament that Fat Phil did with CSS in the 90's. Only difference is that he won't be facing a down Alabama like fat boy did in the 90's and early 00's.
The problem is that CJM and Nuss are inheriting a mess, and Richt and Spurrier have done little to stop Tennessee from growing. I think power is shifting to Tennessee and Missouri for the future of the east because I think it is evident that UGA considers beating UF a successful season and Spurrier doesnt have much longer. It is going to be key for CJM to overtake FSU in recruiting in the next 4 years. Yall all can laugh and say Jimbo's credibility is done but while yall are laughing FSU just broke the national record for most players drafted in a three year stretch with 29 players. So CJM has bigger issues than Tennnessee
I think Butch is a good coach and probably will surpass Richt in the East but IDK how great he is going to be overall when it is all said and done, but if you were asking what team from the east is the most likely to break the west's streak in the SECG I would without hesitating say Tennessee.

It will be interesting

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.