Jeb Bush: Constitution doesn't grant a"right" to gay marriage

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
See there Reb, King Obama wouldn't be so bad!:)
I think what's hilarious with that is that when the rest of us have pointed out Snot Nose's arrogance, it is dismissed as Republican carping. And yet now it's his own party noting how snotty he is talking to Elizabeth Warren.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
OK, my turn to see how many people I can offend.

1.) Why is it, that the fascist left manages to take, out of context, the slightest phrase, that appears in any of the Amendments to the Constitution, and contorts it into some imaginable "right"? And lecture us that the Constitution is a "living, breathing document, that has to change with the times."

Such as the right to abortion, SSM, and a whole host of other "hot button social issues". Yet, when it appears, in plain language, that we have the right to bear arms, or free speech, they are the ones, who scream at the top of their enraged voices "NO! That isn't what is says! They didn't mean that! You can't have your guns and your hate speech!"

What happened to the part about powers not expressly granted to the Federal gubbament are reserved for the states? Somehow, that doesn't cut the mustard, either.

2.) For all the talk of "separation of Church and State" (a phrase that does not appear in the Constitution), why is it that the fascist left wants to impose their belief system on the church? Where does it say the state must grant its blessing to a marriage, of any kind? Why is the gubbament even in the marriage bidnis?

Yes, I know, some will talk about rights of inheritance and community property and all sorts of other "rights" conveyed upon couples. I am not a lawyer, and do not play one (even on Tide Fans), but all of those sound like issues for the court system. Which are the dominion of the state. As in the individual states. But, no, not good enough for the fascist left. To them, there is only one state. The supreme one.

A good argument for 50 individual sates (or 57, if you are O'Dumbo) (just like varieties of Heinz products) is that kook states, like CA, NY and now CO, can function as "kook magnets", and leave the rest of us alone to live our lives in peace and quiet. Unlike the fascist left, I neither seek, or intend, to impose my will on other people. I just want you to leave me the *blank* alone. And I'll do the same to you.

But, not good enough for the fascist left.

Which brings me to...........

3.) I'm sick and tired of the phony "war on women", "war on gays" (and whatever alphabet soup now gets tagged on the end of whatever we are supposed to call folks who uh..............have some different ideas about genitalia), and how we are "xyz-phobic".

Phobic? About what? Confused as all get out, maybe. But phobic? Nope, sorry, not playing that game.

So, let's compromise:

You stop slamming Christians (and to a lesser extent Jews), and leave them alone to practice whatever they believe, in their own way.

And I will join you in forcing your oddball views on the Muslims.

Yes, force the Muslims, who really do practice a war on women and gays, into performing SSM. Instead of hacking their heads off, or throwing them off of buildings. C'mon, it is only fair. If you are going to impose statist regimes on religions, then you have to impose them on all of them. So, let's start with the lunatic fringe elements of Islam, and work our way to the saner sects. (Like Pentecostals. Wait.............Mrs. Cuda thinks they are kooks, so let's put them aside, for now.) Force them, under penalty of the law, with the threat of losing their tax exempt status, to cater a Bar Mitzvah. Or a redneck HS reunion, complete with beer and lots of bacon.

Sounds ridiculous, you say? Well, maybe. We'll see how ridiculous it is when the gubbament threatens Christian churches, with the same dire consequences, as soon as one does not want to perform a SSM. Trust me, if the SCOTUS declares it the law of the land, it is just a matter of time before that happens.

The Dept. of Injustice has already indicated that is a possibility.

I know, some of this seems like it should have been in blue font.

Maybe. Probably. Except the truth hurts.

You are allowed to laugh now. Or cry. Or both.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Some northern comments on the XIV Amendment and the consolidation (which incorporation would accomplish).
Henry Ward Beecher (brother of Harriet Beecher Stowe said:
“The Federal government is unfit to exercise minor police and local government and will inevitably blunder when it attempts it. To oblige the central authority to govern half the territory of the Union by Federal civil officers and by the army, is a policy not only uncongenial to our ideas and principles, but preeminently dangerous to the spirit of our government. However humane the ends sought and the motive, it is in fact a course of instruction preparing our government to be despotic and familiarizing the people to a stretch of authority which can never be other than dangerous to liberty.”
Yes, that Harriet Beecher Stowe, author of Uncle Tom's Cabin.
Orville Browning said:
“One of the greatest perils which threatens us now, is the tendency to centralization, the absorption of the rights of the states and the concentration of all power in the general government. When that shall be accomplished, if ever, the days of the republic are numbered.”
Two obvious members of the southern cabal to keep the Federal government from exercising its proper muscular powers.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Some northern comments on the XIV Amendment and the consolidation (which incorporation would accomplish).

Yes, that Harriet Beecher Stowe, author of Uncle Tom's Cabin.

Two obvious members of the southern cabal to keep the Federal government from exercising its proper muscular powers.
Very interesting. It's completely in keeping with your remark to me the other day that we'd inherited our suspicion of standing armies from the British...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Very interesting. It's completely in keeping with your remark to me the other day that we'd inherited our suspicion of standing armies from the British...
Yes, these statements were around the time frame when the Federal government was considering overthrowing elected state governments and replacing them with military governors and then requiring those non-states to ratify the XIV Amendment in order to regain admission to the Union.
Of course, Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution requires exactly the opposite:
The United States shall guarantee to every state in this union a republican form of government."
And if these "military districts" were not states, how could they be required to adopt a Constitutional amendment?

The good that came out of all that, however, was the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, which permanently gets the Army out of the law enforcement business.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.