SEC Tournament vs. Vandy (Friday game)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Look at the bright side: at 6 PM, we can watch the gals, without having to worry about missing anything.
at least we have the softball team!
So true. Its going to be hard to beat Oklahoma but I had more faith in them reloading and making a run than our baseball team. But Atleast our baseball team made it intresting these past couple of days, but had we not totally misuesed our bullpen and didnt get totally overaggressive in baserunning against aTm we might have played tommorow. But hey I didnt feel so great playing Mizzou or Ole Miss in elimination games either. So it was a productive SEC tourney for us. As always RTR

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
With this effort today in the books, it's time for a change in leadership
You know I havent been able to keep up with the baseball team for the last two years like used to do with school and work always taking priority, but Ive been watching this tourney and been impressed by some of our highs but just been flabbergasted by our horrible lows. I think we have to do something. If that is firing Gaspard and Phillips? IDK, but I wouldnt be opposed to it. But will that happen? Probably not you can see CBB's reluctance to fire Anthony Grant until the fans really pushed it in his face. I say at the very least something has to be done about our pitching. Pitching wins championships. And being Mercy Ruled is humiliating even if it comes from the reigning national champs.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We have to fire Gaspard. I thought that before the year and still think that today.
Yeah Im leaning that way more and more I watch (which has been limitied lately due to work and school), but I fear that because Alabama is more known for football, gymnastics, and more recently softball, and added to that the fact he reached a super regional ages ago that CBB will treat him like Anthony Grant. Until the fans pressure him to fire him I doubt anything will happen. Plus everyone seems to think the construction of the new Joe will fix our team.

MikeD

Suspended
Feb 24, 2007
@%%1;
Gaspard will return next season- sadly.
Not so sure. Seems to be momentum for change. Make sure you contact Mr Battle and let him know it's time for a change. Fans have a lot of sway in these matters.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
@%%1;

Not so sure. Seems to be momentum for change. Make sure you contact Mr Battle and let him know it's time for a change. Fans have a lot of sway in these matters.
He ain't going anywhere. This is from Bill Battle's "Battle Plan" blog from last week:

"One great example that has been developing over the last 10 days is the resurgence of our baseball team, which has won six straight games entering this weekend's home finale in Hoover against defending national champion Vanderbilt. Now, a three-game series against the defending national champions (who are currently ranked in the top 10) is never an easy task. But it's also a great opportunity for Coach Mitch Gaspard's team to close the regular season on a high note.
Last weekend at Auburn, our boys swept the nation's No. 23-ranked team with a pair of dramatic victories in the first two games followed by a 14-4 blowout in the series finale. That series sweep revealed an impressive fortitude and spirit by our team, which has overcome a lot of adversity this season. While playing at The Hoover Met has been a first-rate experience for our team, coaches and staff, it is still a difficult and unusual reality to deal with over the course of a season. Add to that a tough non-conference schedule (in which our team has gone 18-8 this season), along with the rough competition that is always a reality in the SEC, and I must say that I am extremely proud and impressed by this team's perseverance.
To get in the position they are entering this weekend is remarkable for a team that is building into a strong program. Coach Gaspard and his staff deserve a lot of credit for getting this team to where it is now, playing its best ball of the season at crunch time after a lot of struggles. It's beginning to look as if the tough schedule and close games have prepared us to finish strong this season, judging by the resilience shown by playing the team's best series to date at Auburn, against a hot team, and winning all three games when no one expected our team to prevail."

Add that glowing statement to the fact that Gaspard has already been given an extension through next year and the inescapable conclusion is that he will be back and we will be in for another mediocre season (or worse) in a shiny stadium that will be half full at best.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
So Battle is proud of a losing SEC season? What is wrong with this dude?

I doubt we have a winning record in SEC play next year either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.