Mitch Gaspard

Bama Baseball 1

Scout Team
Aug 13, 2007
Duncanville, AL
One thing is for sure. You will never hear him say "The coaching staff has to do a much better job. We have the talent on this team. We need to coach them up. I accept full responsibility" Leading the SEC in strike outs is not acceptable when you have a brand new indoor facility. They may have been a little hampered by the construction, but come on be a man and admit you are in over your head!

Play Ball!

1st Team
Oct 11, 2001
Birmingham
Next year we will have a lame duck coaching staff, then out the door they go. I feel for the players who will have to play out a lame duck type season, again. Not fair for the players who remain. Its sad they'll have to play another .500 season in a new stadium. If atleast a hitting coach change isn't made then get ready. But what good hitting coach will come in knowing a staff change is coming...4 years too late.

bamajake

1st Team
Sep 27, 2001
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Play Ball, you assume that there will be a change after next season. I'm not convinced there will be. I just hope they don't give another extension during the summer like they did last year. As far as changes in the staff other than Gaspard, I think that is even less likely. Mitch has his guys in place who won't question or challenge anything that he does and he is fiercely loyal to them. I don't see him cutting any of them loose and I don't see Bill Battle forcing him to do so either.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
Sadly, the answer to all of this is for us, the fans, boosters and alumni, to just not care. Don't worry about it. It is what it is, etc.

I mean, if Battle doesn't care there is no way anything I say matters.

rtr

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.