NCAA taking a second look at N Carolina academic fraud

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
UNC doesn't have to worry about any NCAA enforcement whatsoever. They aren't Alabama.
They have two decades of corruption in multiple sports covering thousands of students with the full knowledge of athletic and academic leaders. For the past 5 years they have arrogantly stuck to their mythic "Carolina Way," turning out a series of reports that diminutiized the scandal while offering self-administered love taps to make the NCAA and the public go away.

In short, they are about to get a mauling -- at USC levels and possibly beyond.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
No one will ever get hammered again. NCAA will NOT get tough. I don't understand it, but that is the way it is. N Carolina will get a wrist slap and that will be that. It would be good to think that having to have two students sue NCAA would wake them up or at least make them mad ..... but I don't think they even care.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
One simple call to your lawyer, and the NCAA will crawl back under their rock. The Scam Newton saga taught us that.
Bet you both a quarter. If I'm wrong I'll PM you for mailing addresses. The lack of institutional control goes back 20 years. Besides, UNC went old school, finally did an accurate report of what transpired and handed the NCAA a veritable pre-written indictment. The whip is coming down.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I agree with CrimsonEyeshade...they are about to get hammered and they know it. Probably forfeiture of championships, loss of scholarships in football and basketball -- and who knows what else. This has been major league academic fraud and they looked the other way.

If you lived up here and heard their sanctimonious, ACC academics are far superior than SEC acadmics -- we're all cheaters -- then you would be smiling like moi -- and keeping my mouth shut. :)

What goes around comes around.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Bet you both a quarter. If I'm wrong I'll PM you for mailing addresses. The lack of institutional control goes back 20 years. Besides, UNC went old school, finally did an accurate report of what transpired and handed the NCAA a veritable pre-written indictment. The whip is coming down.
I hope you are right and I will believe it when I see it.

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
Hey, if you turn out to be right, more power to you. I'll happily eat my crow. Good day. :smile:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If you lived up here and heard their sanctimonious, ACC academics are far superior than SEC acadmics -- we're all cheaters -- then you would be smiling like moi -- and keeping my mouth shut. :)

What goes around comes around.
During our last expansion, Carolina was mentioned as a potential candidate. I said on here there was no way any of the blue bloods in the ACC would lower themselves to associate with the rubes of the SEC. Yes, I am taking pleasure at their displeasure.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The evidence is pretty damning for the Heels. But I don't think that necessarily translates into meaningful punishment. It should, but I'll be shocked if the NCAA slams an institution with UNC's academic reputation for academic fraud.

Of course, I was shocked when they slammed USCw over the Reggie Bush stuff. But that was before the barn published the blueprint for how to dodge the NCAA.

As others have posted, they're a paper tiger now.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
The evidence is pretty damning for the Heels. But I don't think that necessarily translates into meaningful punishment. It should, but I'll be shocked if the NCAA slams an institution with UNC's academic reputation for academic fraud.

Of course, I was shocked when they slammed USCw over the Reggie Bush stuff. But that was before the barn published the blueprint for how to dodge the NCAA.

As others have posted, they're a paper tiger now.
For UNC to follow Awl barns blue print they would have to have the players as well as the instructors on the same page lying and nobody can lie like albarn.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
One problem in trying to enforce sanctions now-a-days is the massive TV and conference network money hit that would take place with all conference members. I would bet money that all the ACC hopes N Carolina skates buy without costing them $$$ and lobbying in their behalf.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Will they get a slap on the wrist or a pat on the back since they are not Bama?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Systemic Academic fraud for over 20 years. If the NCAA looks the other way here then they should apoligize to every team that has ever been put on probation.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
During our last expansion, Carolina was mentioned as a potential candidate. I said on here there was no way any of the blue bloods in the ACC would lower themselves to associate with the rubes of the SEC. Yes, I am taking pleasure at their displeasure.
So you've gotten riled up to schadenfreude on the strength of your UNC fan role play?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.